|Version 2 (modified by 15 years ago) ( diff ),|
Blueprint for ZeroConf
Provide automatic service discovery so that a group of Netbooks running Sahana can find each other without the need for configuration.
Best toolkit to use is probably Apple's Bonjour:
- Python interface: http://www-unix.mcs.anl.gov/fl/research/accessgrid/bonjour-py/bonjour-py.html
- Windows licensing agreement: http://developer.apple.com/softwarelicensing/agreements/bonjour.html#bonjourwin
- Microsoft's SSDP (used by UPnP):
- Java's JINI (now Apache River):
- This would need us to use Java libs via Jython unless we write our own Python libs!
The Open standard, SLP, seems unmaintained: