|Version 7 (modified by 13 years ago) ( diff ),|
Blueprint for Zero Configuration Networking
Provide automatic service discovery so that a group of Netbooks running Sahana can find each other without the need for configuration.
This is currently Implemented using:
- Python Multicast DNS Service Discovery: http://sourceforge.net/projects/pyzeroconf/
- Patched version used: http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~rclbelem/pyzeroconf/rbelem/annotate/head%3A/Zeroconf.py
- Extra Patches (Bzr branch for these to come soon!)
- Apple's Bonjour:
- Microsoft's SSDP (used by UPnP):
- Java's JINI (now Apache River):
- This would need us to use Java libs via Jython unless we write our own Python libs!
The Open standard, SLP, seems unmaintained: