|Version 25 (modified by 12 years ago) ( diff ),|
Bug Reporting Guidelines
For now we are only taking bugs on:
- Prod (Production): http://haiti.sahanafoundation.org <- Please only test real data entry here
- UAT (User Acceptance): http://haiti-test.sahanafoundation.org <- For more rigorous system testing before it goes into production
- Dev (Development): http://haiti-dev.sahanafoundation.org <- For previewing new, unreleased, functionality & testing upgrade processes
Progression of code will normally be from Dev -> UAT -> Prod
High Priority Focuses for testing
- Issues on live Production system
- Issues with Hospital and Request systems
Testing Coverage It would be good if the QA team specializes on testing certain modules in the system. More than one person can subscribe for a module and report their test coverage. The TestCases Page helps you with test coverage. Please select an area for testing and add yourself to the page
- TestCases page is the main page were all testers work off from and handle assignments and coverage
- UAT is a static version for testing before it gets uploaded to production. Please do the majority of your testing here
- Production testing is done as a result of doing Data Entry - this is the critical path right now as we're still short on data & this is the area which needs to be made more bullet-proof & smooth. Data Entry tasks are being coordinated using this Google Spreadsheet
- The Dev environment is updated quite regularly, so don't be surprised to see some effects (RMS especially is changing rapidly)
- The Dev environment has modules activated which are not in production, so log these bugs as Low priority for now: DVI, Vol
2 Trackers being used:
- Trac - easier for users (anonymous people can report bugs)
LaunchPad - quicker for Devs, but login required to report- deprecated in favour of Trac
- Please check the trackers to see if the bug you are reporting has already been reported (LaunchPad provides a nice interface for this)Please provide full details to reproduce the problem, like the example below.
- Be clear on whether your test is against the Live system (Prod) or the test system (Dev).
- Bug Supervisors may wish to check the Commit Logs to see if they can see the Bug being fixed.
- Screenshots are good for showing the main problem screen if hard to explain, however, if you get a ticket, then simply the ticket ID would be better than a screenshot, as can simply copy/paste to find the relevant ticket)
Bug Priorities (a scale for Haiti specifically)
- Critical - big functionality, stability and data integrity defects in production
- Major - functionality and data integrity defects in UAT only
- Minor - UI, Style, Usability defects in prod and UAT
- Trivial - Data validation defects, Domain defects
System Tested: Dev/UAT/Prod (select one and specify if it is the dev, UAT or production version) Release Version: Sahana r603 (2010-01-24 13:02:53) - You can obtain this from the Help->About menu (http://haiti.sahanafoundation.org/prod/default/about) Browser: Firefox 3.5 Windows XP Prerequisites: User should be logged in to the system. Steps: 1) Click ‘Mapping’. 2) Click ‘Map Service Catalogue’. 3) Click ‘Features’. 4) Click on an ID in the Location list. (The 'Edit location' page will appear.) 6) Remove the value in the 'Latitude' field. (This step is optional) 5) Click on 'Conversion Tool' link. Expected Result: The Converter should appear. Actual Result: Clicking the link results nothing. Converter doesn't appear.