Haiti Emergency Response: 2010 Earthquake
Volunteers Task List:
Please also download an IRC client & join us at #sahana at Freenode:
|GNU/Linux & MS Windows||http://xchat.org/|
We would like to track all the people that have contributed time and effort to our Haiti response.
Open Bugs and Usability Testing:
We would like to welcome volunteers to report bugs on the Sahana Haiti Portal. Before a new version of the portal is released it is submitted to User Acceptance Testing (UAT) at the test portal: http://haiti-test.sahanafoundation.org. Bugs are reported on this Trac system http://eden.sahanafoundation.org/report and we track coverage at the TestCases page. See Bug Reporting Guidelines for more information.
Key Links for Testers:
- Test Coverage and Ownership
- Bug Reporting Guidelines
- Open Haiti Portal Bugs
- Usability Testing and Developer Guidelines\
- Prod: http://haiti.sahanafoundation.org <- For Live Data
- UAT: http://haiti-test.sahanafoundation.org <- For dummy data for writing documentation & doing system testing (which could be destructive)
- Dev: http://haiti-dev.sahanafoundation.org <- For previewing new, unreleased, functionality & testing upgrade processes
Progression of code will normally be from Dev -> UAT -> Prod
Note: As of January 2012, BZR/Launchpad info for eden is deprecated. Please visit the GitHub page. Thanks.
For developers that wish to assist Sahana, we have a number of different coding options to help out. You don't need to have all these skills, any of them will be of use. Even if you have none of these, jump into #sahana and we may be able to find some way for you to help out based upon your skillset.
- Python - all the core coding is undertaken in Python
- web2py - this is the application framework that we use in Python for SahanaPy
- XSLT/XPath - a lot of import/export functionality is created using XSLT templates written using XPath. For more info see XsltTemplates
See this page for guidelines on setting up a local SahanaPy instance:
Note that for Haiti response, if you wish to work on RMS you will want the bzr command below to check out the Haiti branch (if working on other aspects then these should normally be merged with Trunk 1st as per the Release Process.
- Branch: https://code.launchpad.net/sahana/haiti-quake-2010
bzr branch lp:s3/haiti-quake-2010 haiti
- If you are getting a "Invalid Request" error when you try to run the application, try renaming the folder to "haiti" (no hyphen) and retrying: http://127.0.0.1:8000/haiti
We have some developer guidelines available:
We have a few development strands (listed in rough order of priority):
- Organisation Registry (Who, What, Where)
- BulkUploader for Photos with optional GeoTagging
- Data Migration & Consistency
- Maintain Front Page of the Portal
- MySQL optimisation
- mod_gzip/expires optimisation
- Web2Py optimisation
- Add syslog rotation to
- SSL cert for Dev
- Enable nicer Ticket screen for users than the default non-working link:
- Alternate solution - modified routes_onerror in routes.py
- discussion - http://groups.google.com/group/web2py/browse_thread/thread/93ec919b91ca0a84
- modified routes.py http://ideamonk.in/routes.py
- additional errors controller http://is.gd/ar46F
- preview - http://twitpic.com/1891hu
- Next prod update
Work is being coordinated via IRC Chat.
- #sahana Main Channel, Data Entry & System Testing
- #sahana-py Coding
- #sahana-gis GIS
Speak to any of these people for help: ajuonline, bitner, chamindra, flavour, gavin_t, lifeeth, michaelhowden, mprutsalis, nursix, timClicks