|Version 29 (modified by 12 years ago) ( diff ),|
Bug Reporting Guidelines
Currently we are mainly taking bugs on:
- Demo (Development): http://demo.eden.sahanafoundation.org
When there is a production instance running, progression of code is normally from Dev -> UAT -> Prod
High Priority Focuses for testing
Production testing is done as a result of doing Data Entry - this is usually the critical path as we're always short on data & this is the area which needs to be made more bullet-proof & smooth. Data Entry tasks are coordinated using a Google Spreadsheet, like this one used for Haiti.
It would be good if the QA team specializes on testing certain modules in the system. More than one person can subscribe for a module and report their test coverage. The TestCases Page helps you with test coverage. Please select an area for testing and add yourself to the page
- TestCases page is the main page where all testers work off from and handle assignments and coverage
- UAT is a static version for testing before it gets uploaded to production. Please do the majority of your testing here
- The Dev environment is updated quite regularly, so don't be surprised to see some effects
- The Dev environment has modules activated which are not in Production, so log these bugs as Low priority for now: DVI, Vol
- Please check the trackers to see if the bug you are reporting has already been reported (LaunchPad provides a nice interface for this)
- Please provide full details to reproduce the problem, like the example below.
- Be clear on whether your test is against the Live system (Prod) or the test system (Dev).
- Bug Supervisors may wish to check the Commit Logs to see if they can see the Bug being fixed.
- Screenshots are good for showing the main problem screen if hard to explain, however, if you get a ticket, then simply the ticket ID would be better than a screenshot, as can simply copy/paste to find the relevant ticket)
- Critical - big functionality, stability and data integrity defects in a Production instance
- Major - functionality and data integrity defects in UAT only
- Minor - UI, Style, Usability defects
- Trivial - Data validation defects, Domain defects
System Tested: Dev/UAT/Prod (select one and specify if it is the dev, UAT or production version) Release Version: Sahana r603 (2010-01-24 13:02:53) - You can obtain this from the Help->About menu (http://demo.eden.sahanafoundation.org/eden/default/about) Browser: Firefox 3.5 Windows XP Prerequisites: User should be logged in to the system. Steps: 1) Click ‘Mapping’. 2) Click ‘Map Service Catalogue’. 3) Click ‘Features’. 4) Click on an ID in the Location list. (The 'Edit location' page will appear.) 6) Remove the value in the 'Latitude' field. (This step is optional) 5) Click on 'Conversion Tool' link. Expected Result: The Converter should appear. Actual Result: Clicking the link results nothing. Converter doesn't appear.