|Version 11 (modified by 11 years ago) ( diff ),|
Table of Contents
Basic Coding Projects
Projects for beginning coders, or if new to Python or web services
- Pick from these easy bugs for new Eden developers.
- Fix UI issues, add features, provide user-requested enhancements.
- You can pick from these feature requests.
- The landing page for each module is different -- some have descriptive text, others have statistics (a "dashboard"). Each has a different layout of menus.
- Are any of these landing pages useful? What would be better for a typical workflow?
- Make appropriate changes.
- Is there a common sort of menu that would be useful?
CAP: Common Alerting Protocol
- Complete the Model definitions that have been started in models/msg.py
- Think about some workflow for how this could be used
Common Operational Datasets
- Complete the Model definitions that have been started in models/08_assess.py
- Think about how we could make use of them
- Display on the Map
- Have Reports which compare the baseline & situational assessments
Translations Admin Panel
- Admin wants to update /languages on their running instance with current version from Pootle
- Admin wants to be able to do offline translation of main language file(s) (either using native web2py UI or using a PO-based tool like Virtaal)
- Admin wants to be able to translate additional custom strings in this instance (either using native web2py UI or using a PO-based tool like Virtaal)
- Add a page to
controllers/admin.pyto handle Translations.
- Update the InstallationGuidelines with any new optional requirements (such as translate toolkit).
- Gracefully give nice error messages if the translate toolkit isn't installed.
- Update UserGuidelinesLocalisation
Export PO file
- Dropdown to select which language
- Button to call web2py2po to convert the .py file to a standard PO file for the user to download
Import PO file
- Upload Widget which calls po2web2py onaccept to convert a .po file to a Web2Py .py file stored in the languages folder
- Use the same filename prefix or prompt?
- Do a merge
Provide a set of admin scripts (bzr post-commit hook?) to update Pootle with any changed strings as a Merge.
These are a various GIS/Mapping Tasks:
- Add a delay to the onHover tooltip (highlightControl)
- Something like hoverIntent
- Continue Integration of Potlatch
- for editing the main OSM database
- for editing a local OSM database
- Make the display_feature() & display_features() popup a Window instead of opening in a DIV
- This was working in FF before: http://eden.sahanafoundation.org/browser/views/sahana_scripts_min.html?rev=836#L39
- Replace the Measure Length/Area tools with GeoExt.ux
- Option to go Full screen & back
- Full screen view (No Ext window) will be required for use on a small-screen, such as a Mobile device
- Layer Tree
- Separate Overlays folder into Internal/External
- Sub-folders of Overlays e.g. for:
- Projects by Theme
- Projects by Donor
- Get a pr/person/presence record upon login if HTML5 GeoLocation available & not changed since last time
- Map Preview when Lat/Lon set in pr/person/presence (auto or not)
- Color coded maps according to Geo-data (threats, needs, etc)
- Placing variable sized markers on the map in proportion to data (number of people in camp, number of families needing food)
OSM Importer UI
- There is an import stylesheet for .osm files: static/xslt/import/osm.xsl
- This currently has hard-coded mappings between OSM admin levels & Sahana admin levels
- A custom controller should be written
- provide a UI to the user to select their country from the dropdown which pre-populates the mapping fields for manual verification/adjustment
- process the results of this to pass new variables back to the stylesheet:
resource = s3xrc.resource("gis", "location") template = os.path.join(request.folder, resource.XSLT_PATH, "osm", "import.xsl") resource.import_xml("uploaded_filename.osm", template=template, mynewvar="xxx")
- The Stylesheet needs updating to act on these vars when found
A nice further refinement would be to provide a UI to select a BBOX & optional filter to pull down the .osm file via XAPI
- Initially this could be manual text box entry of BBOX/filter
- Then add a Map-based BBOX selection & dropdowns for the filter (which prepopulate the real dropdowns for manual verification/amendment)
e.g. Shelter needs 100 liters of water/week
Want to be able to add Scheduling functionality to Requests.
There is a wrapper for Web2Py's Scheduler class in
Can use UI ideas/code from Sync
Here are some potential features for a "suggestion box", roughly in order of priority:
- Text data entry form -- just use standard Eden database fields like "timestamp", "authorstamp", and "comments", maybe with a subject field.
- Allow defining topics or keywords. Let user choose a topic for their suggestion. Add all module names as an initial list of topics.
- Simple search in the body of posts -- match words.
- Regexp search.
- Allow commenting on (replying to) suggestions -- show comment thread with original post.
- Some form of importance rating (e.g. voting up or down).
- Original suggestion from: http://groups.google.com/group/sahana-eden/browse_thread/thread/bbda1e98b73e1437