|Version 23 (modified by 12 years ago) ( diff ),|
Table of Contents
Bombeiros.pt are volunteer firefighters in Portugal.
They tried Eden during a simulation which became a real incident & added value immediately , straight out of the box!
8-10 December 2011 in Oporto, Portugal
- Proof of Concept that Eden can be used to replace the current non-functional system (using pencil and paper) to manage all emergency events from planning to first response, to larger scale incidents.
- Currently there is no country-wide system - each department does it's own thing
- "to show that there are IT tools to help at all levels of emergency management, not only for firefighters but to all civil protection chain"
- some Portuguese civil protection authority personal will be attending and participating
- Train a local deployment support team
Can split people into groups, e.g. Martin can run less techie sessions & Dominic/Fran can run techie sessions.
- "some are firefighters and emergency managment personal and will be more interested in lectures or workshops related to First Response, Planning, IT Use in Emergency Management"
Tech part should focus on Development & not cover Server Installation / Maintenance.
Import HRM data from https://rnbp.prociv.pt/rnbp/portal/
- (this system keeps crashing & was expensive)
- Can export as ;-separated CSV using SQL commands
- No need to have the output look the same as the current PDFs
There is a need to share data about an incident between a fire department and the district command center. Current process is that the OPCOM at the Firedep provides the information over the radio, on the other side, another OPCOM is writing it all on paper, and type it again in a completely different software running on windows console....This takes a long time.
- time of alert
- time of dispatch
- type of emergency (9999 types and sub-types. e.g. 5100: Car Accident)
- # victims
- vehicle(s) - by ID
- crew on board - by ID (A per-Incident link table), with a field for leader ('ranking member') & another for driver (usually, but not always the same)
One of the biggest problems right now, which could potentially be easy to solve is Dispatch.
Currently the OPCOM provides the EMS crew with the limited available information & then they deploy. There is no way to update the crews except for voice radio. Since all EMS crew have smartphones then a simple app to update the crea with the precise incident location & any extra information on scale, etc would be extremely valuable.
A possible solution would be to use OpenGeoSMS. ITRI Taiwan have developed an OpenGeoSMS Android client which supports the following features:
- Incident Reporting (simple 'Current Location + Text Field')
- Task Dispatch (simple view received 'Location + Text' on Map)
- Team Communication (again, simple 'Location + Text'):
- Where I am
- Where are you?
- Where shall we meet?
Note that these messages are still usable on a phone without the app installed & even on a conventional phone (if the recipient is preapred to manually transfer the coordinates to their GPS).
Location Updates via Radio
Use GPS from Tetra radios to show Personnel & Vehicles on the Map
TETRA radios are carried by vehicles & personnel. These broadcast GPS location which can be output from the receiver as a CSV file:
<apocsantos> id;lat;log;speed <apocsantos> the file name is the date (now) + equipment id <apocsantos> 20111013130311111 <apocsantos> 20111013 is the date <apocsantos> 1303 firedepartment code <apocsantos> 11111 the id of the radio <apocsantos> in this case is the id of the command and control vehicle <apocsantos> the first digit of id identifies the type <apocsantos> (1) 1111 the id of the radio the first one in the ID means that it is a vehicle <apocsantos> it it was a 2 it was a Human <apocsantos> 3 - plane / helicopter
We can have a script move this file & then import it (so that each import contains no duplicates to clean laboriously).
We can import to the Trackable super-entity (sit_trackable) since that is common to both people & vehicles (assets)....we need to copy the GPS_id from the vehicle resource to the super_entity/person/asset.