|Version 26 (modified by 11 years ago) ( diff ),|
Table of Contents
Bombeiros.pt are volunteer firefighters in Portugal.
They tried Eden during a simulation which became a real incident & added value immediately , straight out of the box!
8-10 December 2011 in Oporto, Portugal
- Proof of Concept that Eden can be used to replace the current non-functional system (using pencil and paper) to manage all emergency events from planning to first response, to larger scale incidents.
- Currently there is no country-wide system - each department does it's own thing
- "to show that there are IT tools to help at all levels of emergency management, not only for firefighters but to all civil protection chain"
- some Portuguese civil protection authority personal will be attending and participating
- Train a local deployment support team
Can split people into groups, e.g. Martin can run less techie sessions & Dominic/Fran can run techie sessions.
- "some are firefighters and emergency managment personal and will be more interested in lectures or workshops related to First Response, Planning, IT Use in Emergency Management"
Tech part should focus on Development & not cover Server Installation / Maintenance.
Import HRM data from https://rnbp.prociv.pt/rnbp/portal/
- (this system keeps crashing & was expensive)
- Can export as ;-separated CSV using SQL commands
- No need to have the output look the same as the current PDFs
Portuguese Firefighters & Red Cross use a common standard for human resources skills defined by the Ministry of Health, which is certified by attending the requisite hours of training & passing both written & practical exams.
Skills are re-credentialled every 6 months:
- checking minimum time of active duty (275 hrs)
- a managerial performance rating: pass/fail
& 12 months:
- checking minimum time of training (70 hrs)
- a managerial performance rating: 1 (unfit) to 5 (well fitted for the work)
- need at least 4 points for 5 years to be promoted in rank
- attended refresher training course
- Drivers have other standards (psycho-technical assessment every year)
- Firefighter/EMT (150 hr course)
- Firefighter/EMS (500 hr course inc some medical training and advanced life support)
<apocsantos> portuese standards for emergency personel are all clearly defined by law, and eveyone has diferente ID numbers for each specific trainning and an identification card <apocsantos> for example my EMT Card Uniq Identifyer is 36031 <apocsantos> there is no-one in portugal not firefighter or from any other organization with the same EMT Trainning Certification Number <apocsantos> all the "credential system" is based on uniq identifyers that can be "cross-check" bettween databases <apocsantos> for example if i respond to a car accident while off dutty the portuguese authority's (police) ask me for the EMT Training ID and Firefighter ID <apocsantos> they can radio in the ID's an have my credentials validated
Standardised Vehicle Types:
Locations, classified by Response Times to Incident Location:
- Airport Crash
- North of Terminal
- within 5km radius: airport staff 1st in line
- 5-20km radius: Vila do Conde (15 mins ETA. Morreira da maia have 10 min ETA, but they don't have the same resources)
- South of Terminal
- within 10km radius: airport staff 1st in line
- 10+km radius: Oporto professional firefighters
- North of Terminal
There is a need to share data about an incident between a fire department and the district command center. Current process is that the OPCOM at the Firedep provides the information over the radio, on the other side, another OPCOM is writing it all on paper, and type it again in a completely different software running on windows console....This takes a long time.
- time of alert
- time of dispatch
- type of emergency (9999 types and sub-types. e.g. 5100: Car Accident)
- # victims
- vehicle(s) - by ID
- crew on board - by ID (A per-Incident link table), with a field for leader ('ranking member') & another for driver (usually, but not always the same)
We want a way of notifying the relevant human resources that they are required (which is a link between the required skills & the available skills).
- ideally single button to send out the mobilisation notification
- major emergencies require this to be done by a senior person
Taking shifts into account:
- Bombeiros.pt don't need this (always on-call)
- American Red Cross have 12 hour alternating shift patterns
One of the biggest problems right now, which could potentially be easy to solve is Dispatch.
Currently the OPCOM provides the EMS crew with the limited available information & then they deploy. There is no way to update the crews except for voice radio. Since all EMS crew have smartphones then a simple app to update the crea with the precise incident location & any extra information on scale, etc would be extremely valuable.
A possible solution would be to use OpenGeoSMS.
Note that these messages are still usable on a phone without the app installed & even on a conventional phone (if the recipient is preapred to manually transfer the coordinates to their GPS).
Location Updates via Radio
Use GPS from Tetra radios to show Personnel & Vehicles on the Map
TETRA radios are carried by vehicles & personnel. These broadcast GPS location which can be output from the receiver as a CSV file:
<apocsantos> id;lat;log;speed <apocsantos> the file name is the date (now) + equipment id <apocsantos> 20111013130311111 <apocsantos> 20111013 is the date <apocsantos> 1303 firedepartment code <apocsantos> 11111 the id of the radio <apocsantos> in this case is the id of the command and control vehicle <apocsantos> the first digit of id identifies the type <apocsantos> (1) 1111 the id of the radio the first one in the ID means that it is a vehicle <apocsantos> it it was a 2 it was a Human <apocsantos> 3 - plane / helicopter
We can have a script move this file & then import it (so that each import contains no duplicates to clean laboriously).
We can import to the Trackable super-entity (sit_trackable) since that is common to both people & vehicles (assets)....we need to copy the GPS_id from the vehicle resource to the super_entity/person/asset.