Want to help Develop Sahana Eden?
Sahana Eden is an Emergency Development ENvironment - an Open Source framework to rapidly build powerful applications to support disaster mitigation, preparedness, response and recovery.
We are an active global community of Humanitarian FOSS developers and Disaster Management Experts supporting a range of organisations to use Sahana. Whether you’re looking for an opportunity to volunteer or support to use Sahana with your organization, you’ll be made to feel very welcome :)
To get started, you should:
- Join our Mailing List to say Hi and introduce yourself to the community!
- Follow the Sahana Eden Virtual Technical Training either through the published slides, watching a recorded training sessions or a attending a live session.
- Install a Developers Environment
- Read our Developer Guidelines
- Sign the Contributor's License Agreement - this says you retain all rights to your code, while allowing us to distribute it and users to use it.
- You are welcome to go ahead work on any of tasks, tickets or projects on the Contribute Code page. It may be worth doing some initial Please feel free to contact the Mailing List to let us know what you're working on or if your have any specific questions, but this is probably more valuable once you've investigated the work yourself.
We really appreciate anyone who takes a bit of time to learn more about Sahana and start committing code. It's even better when you get to the stage where you're supporting Sahana by closing tickets, updated wiki docs, writing tests and helping others on the mailing list! :)