|Version 2 (modified by 7 years ago) ( diff ),|
Table of Contents
Browsers default to only downloading 2 files from the same origin at a time, so many files is very slow on high latency links.
We therefore consolidate into fewer, larger files when running in Production mode.
Although, note that iPhone 3.x cannot cache files larger than 15kb and in iPhone 4 the limit is 25kb. And this is the size before gzipping.
Since GIS is a specialised app which requires many files, it's JS is loaded separately when required.
The build script is
It needs to be run as a web2py script:
python web2py.py -S eden -M -R applications/eden/static/scripts/tools/build.sahana.py
There is also a convenience wrapper for Windows to run this:
You must have an internet connection to run the build script unless you have a local version of the Compiler.
Our build process is based on the one used by OpenLayers
This uses Google's Closure compiler to compress the JS. This is done using their web service, however for OpenLayers itself we need to download the jar file & place in the tools folder since this is over 1Mb:
ToDo: Investigate using other options instead:
ToDo: Download/execute scripts asynchronously:
To update to a new version of Foundation:
- set Max-Width to 125em
- download 1 version with left-to-right (foundation.css/foundation.min.css), and one version with right-to-left support (foundation.rtl.css/foundation.rtl.min.css)
- copy the files into trunk (don't forget the JS)
For custom SCSS builds:
- Python libsass isn't working for Fran on Win32 currently, so the code in build.sahana.py isn't tested
- Separate the core Foundation (foundation.scss) from the custom styles (style.scss)
- For the custom style.scss, @include any required Foundation mixins, but omit the HTML classes using:
$include-html-classes: false; $include-html-global-classes: false;
- Build CSS using Ruby SASS:
cd eden/private/templates/MYTHEME/scss sass foundation.scss ../../../../static/themes/MYTHEME/foundation.css sass style.scss ../../../../static/themes/MYTHEME/style.css