|Version 20 (modified by 11 years ago) ( diff ),|
Android Development Environment
ODK Collect, an Android XForms client
Install yet another SCM tool, HG Mercurial
- defaults will suffice during setup
Get a local copy of the ODK Collect trunk with this command:
hg clone https://collect.opendatakit.googlecode.com/hg/ opendatakit-collect
jaxdroid has a tree with some changes essential for Sahana here (unmaintained, needs merging with Trunk):
hg clone https://jaxtrx-edenodkcollect.googlecode.com/hg/ jaxtrx-edenodkcollect
Another tree with some useful enhancements from NCSU is here:
hg clone https://vinbitr-gps-images-new.googlecode.com/hg/ vinbitr-gps-images-new
- Install Java JDK
- Install Android SDK
- Download some platforms using the SDK Manager
- Install ANT, a cross platform Java build automation tool.
- Download and extract Ant (1.8.1 at time of writing): http://ant.apache.org/bindownload.cgi
- Create 'ANT_HOME' environment variable.
- Add '%ANT_HOME%\bin' directory to 'PATH' environment variable (Windows syntax).
- Install Eclipse (tested with 3.6.1)
- Install Android plugin
- Import project into Eclipse (project name should avoid spaces)
- Right-click on folder & 'Build Project'
To deploy you'll need to create a self signed keystore and use the .apk packaging wizard (Right-click on project, menu Android tools, Export Signed Application Package), or use the configured Sahana Eden application downloadable from Android Market, enable accept self signed certificates to work with Sahana Eden demo site.
Follow the Build instructions above.
Can Run or Debug in the Emulator
Right-click on the project & select properties | Android to check the API revision used.
- Base ODK Trunk can run on basic Android 1.5: API 3
- SMS functionality requires Android 1.6 (API 4)
- ANT samples