|Version 23 (modified by 13 years ago) ( diff ),|
Android Development Environment
ODK Collect, an Android XForms client
Install yet another SCM tool, HG Mercurial
- defaults will suffice during setup
Get a local copy of ODK collect by checking out from Google Code.
Currently the best version to get is the NCSU branch:
hg clone https://vinbitr-odk-collect.googlecode.com/hg/ vinbitr-odk-collect
- ODK Collect trunk (as of Dec 16th)
- jaxdroid changes essential for Sahana
- Support for selecting Images from Media Library
- Support for Wireless Location fix
- Install Java JDK
- Install Android SDK
- Download some platforms using the SDK Manager
- Install ANT, a cross platform Java build automation tool.
- Download and extract Ant (1.8.1 at time of writing): http://ant.apache.org/bindownload.cgi
- Create 'ANT_HOME' environment variable.
- Add '%ANT_HOME%\bin' directory to 'PATH' environment variable (Windows syntax).
- Install Eclipse (tested with 3.6.1)
- Install Android plugin
- Import project into Eclipse (project name should avoid spaces)
- Right-click on folder & 'Build Project'
To deploy you'll need to create a self signed keystore and use the .apk packaging wizard (Right-click on project, menu Android tools, Export Signed Application Package), or use the configured Sahana Eden application downloadable from Android Market, enable accept self signed certificates to work with Sahana Eden demo site.
Follow the Build instructions above.
Can Run or Debug in the Emulator
Right-click on the project & select properties | Android to check the API revision used.
- Base ODK Trunk can run on basic Android 1.5: API 3
- SMS functionality requires Android 1.6: API 4
- Does it fail gracefully on older API? (does compile at least still)
- ANT samples