|Version 14 (modified by 12 years ago) ( diff ),|
SahanaPy Workout @ FOSS.in/2009
SahanaPy is having a week-long workout at FOSS.in 2009
SahanaPy is an example of HFOSS (Humanitarian FOSS). It is a RAD framework for developing Emergency Management applications. Sahana has been used to help support most major disasters since the Indian Ocean Tsunami including localised versions for floods in India (Bihar 2008 & Andhra Pradesh/Karnataka 2009). You can check Sahana's History here & here.
How will people benefit from attending?
- Get acquainted with a new python web framework Web2Py
- Get a sense of fulfilment from contributing to HFOSS
- Installation, Developer & Framework Guidelines
- If people can get time to familiarise with the codebase before the session then this would be extremely helpful, but isn't required.
- If there are people with skills in Usability they are welcome even without programming skills.
How to Communicate?
- Developer Mailing list can be used prior to & after the event.
- IRC allows real-time group & 1-1 communication using low-bandwidth text
- Pastebin allows people to share code snippets
- GoogleDocs can be used for collaborative document authoring before copying results to this Wiki
- Dabbleboard provides an Online Whiteboard for sketches
- An audio channel can be added, if necessary, using GTalk or Skype
- Log tickets here in Trac
- Alternate options: Dimdim or CoPilot
NB If you have problems accessing wiki.sahana.lk, then add this to your hosts file:
What are we going to do?
- Export Features as GeoJSON (using S3XRC with an XSLT)
- Display Features
- Make Features Editable from the Map
- Add a new
format=extrepresentation to the REST controller which uses ext versions of the default layouts which inherit from
- Ext menu
- Ext widgets for forms
Ajay & Michael
Whilst any BluePrint is fine, suggestions for areas suitable for a newcomer: