|Version 1 (modified by 10 years ago) ( diff ),|
Table of Contents
Grace Hopper Celebration Codeathon for Humanity
The Codeathon at GHC2010 is intended to introduce participants to rapid development of FOSS applications in a collective coding setting.
Suggested Codeathon Projects
CAP: Common Alerting Protocol
- Receive CAP messages from an external CAP source.
- Provide a form for originating CAP messages.
- Send CAP messages to subscribers, retrying on failure.
- Write a Facebook app to receive CAP messages and post them on one's wall.
GIS: Mapping Improvements
SAARAA: Situational Awareness and Rapid Assessment Application
This was started as an Android app at RHoK #3. That version uploaded data to a very simple Heroku back end.
As a follow-on to that project, allow the app to send to an Eden back end.
- Add an appropriate model.
- Handle receiving uploaded messages from non-logged in users -- provide a code they can use to log in later.
- Display the messages by category and time.
- Allow commenting on the messages (e.g. adding updates about handling the messages).
- Allow sending a message back.