Table of Contents
GCI Tasks: QA
Sahana Eden Tasks
Sahana Vesuvius Tasks
Draw or Evaluate Annotations of Faces using "ImageStat" Tool
Research is going on to improve face-detection and face-matching algorithms, for eventual incorporation into Vesuvius/PL and other projects. To assist with algorithm training/testing and "ground truthing", images of faces are being annotated with rectangles. A web-site tool, "ImageStat", has been built to allow this. Annotators are needed to use this tool on public images, e.g., of celebrities.
The specific task (broken into finite 2-3 hours chunks) may involve:
- Drawing a frontal "face" rectangle, a "profile" rectangle, and/or representative "skin" rectangles.
- Comparing such rectangles drawn by hand to rectangles marked by computer, and judging their similarity.
Annotate or Evaluation Extraction of Person Names, Place Names and Health Status of Missing and Found Persons
Research is underway to apply computer methods to extracting key features related to missing/found persons from English sentences found in free text. The sentences may be artificial or from a collection. Tasks may involve:
- Identifying certain parts of speech within a sentence, as “ground truth” tagging.
- Identifying person names, place names, and health status within a sentence, as “ground truth” tagging.
- Evaluating the accuracy of parts-of-speech tagging done by computer parsing of sentences.
There will likely not be task-specific software for this activity, rather the use of standard office tools like spreadsheets. It will be helpful to be a native or very fluent English speaker with some exposure to formal grammar rules.