|Version 15 (modified by 9 years ago) ( diff ),|
Table of Contents
Project: Workflow Support
Name : Hardik Juneja
Mentor: Dominic Konig
This project draws ideas from the Blueprints below:
Meetings And Discussions
Weekly Meeting : Wednesday 8:15 UTC
Venue : IRC (Nick - hardikj)
Google Group Discussions :
- configuration of event handlers (nodes) in a workflow (done)
- storing and retrieving of workflow instances
- mapping of instance status + current event to a certain node
- Interface between workflow engine (=event manager) and workflow nodes (=event handler)
- Interface between nodes and "actions" (=S3Methods?)
- Workflow widgets (=widgets for users to perform workflow actions), and how to put them into a page
|Designed Workflow Configuration||Discussed the design with mentors and we came up with a good design.||Completed|
|Implement Required classes||Implemented all required basic classes which were necessary to make a good cofiguration pattern||Completed|
|Testing||Test the configuration pattern||Completed|
|Document and make new Blueprint||http://eden.sahanafoundation.org/wiki/BluePrint/WorkflowSupport||Completed|
|Discussing design of the data model||done successfully||Completed|
|Implement the data model||designed the model||Completed|
|Implement functions to store and retrieve status||Implemented all basic functions||Completed|
|Testing and documentation||Tested the database||Complete|
|Mapping instances||We have a working basic Workflow Engine||Completed|
|design wireframes and update wiki||http://eden.sahanafoundation.org/wiki/BluePrint/WorkflowSupport#Wireframes||Completed|
|Node and status Matching||-||Completed|
|Injecting the Work-flow Id in action buttons and forms||Injected||Completed|
|Support the Prep and Postp Injection||Configuration support postp and prep||Completed|
|Discussion on framework for workflow action and UI items||decided to have wheader to inject workflow UI||Completed|
|Allow adding workflow header for the workflow||Implemented||Completed|
|Make a Default workflow header with injected buttons||add next and exit button||Completed|
|Add progress bar||added a bar on top||Completed|
|pretify the UI||added css rules||Completed|
|Allow injection of text through configuration||changed configuration pattern||Completed|
|Set up Demo and get ready for evaluations||-||In progress|
May 28th - june 15th (Community Bonding Period)
- Achieving all the learning goals described in the Outputs and clearing all the doubts with the community.
- Gathering all my prerequisite about the project and laying down a modular structure of the project.
June 17th - July 29th (Pre Community bonding Period)
- Discussing the design to save user progress. ( On the Page )
- Creating models (if required ) to save the user progress so that if a user quit accidently he can restore his work. The saved progress will also be used as step name.
- Discussing and planning the design of the project with mentors and community.
Week 2 and 3: ( Configuration of event handlers (nodes) in a workflow )
- Design a configuration pattern (done)
- Implement the classes for the configuration pattern
- Testing and documentation
- Meeting 1 - Code review, Making changes(if suggested), Writing tests , Trunk integration (Wednesday).
Week 4 and 5: ( storing and retrieving of workflow instances )
- Discussing and plan the Design of the data model
- Implement the data model
- Testing and documentation
Week 6 and 7: ( mapping of instance status + current event to a certain node )
- Design the process
- Implement the functions
- Testing & Documentation
- Mid-Term Evaluation.
July 29th - August 2nd
- Through revision of what have been done till now and lay a plan for next phase.
- Fixing all issues/bugs(if any).
August 3rd - September 16th (Post Community Bonding Period )
Week 8 and 9: - interface between workflow engine (=event manager) and workflow nodes (=event handler)
- Implement it
- Test and document it
- Meeting 2 - Code review,Suggestions, Applying changes(if any), Trunk Integration.
Week 10 and 11: ( interface between nodes and "actions" (=S3Methods?) )
- review the configuration pattern
- design and implement the interface
- test and document
Week 12 and 13:
- figure out how to inject the workflow widgets
- implement it
- document it
September 17th - September 23rd (Pen down period)
- Thorough review of all the functionalities.
- Debugging, Code cleanup, Comments.