|Version 1 (modified by 13 years ago) ( diff ),|
Codeathon for Humanity GHC2010 Facilitator's Guide
Thank you for agreeing to help out as a Codeathon Facilitator! Here is some information to get you started. Please check back frequently (or subscribe to changes) to keep abreast of any new information.
Everyone has different skill and experience levels. Your main role as a Codeathon facilitator is to make sure the participants are engaged, feel like they are a contributor rather than an observer and answer questions or point people in the direction of the answer. This means lots of different skillsets are important - not just coding ability - so we are delighted to have a diverse and talented group of facilitators.
Please do your best to attend at least one training session, two are even better! We also hope to record the sessions and make them available for those of you who have scheduling conflicts.
- September 15, 2010, 19:30-21:00 UTC (12:30-14:00 PDT, 15:30-17:00 EDT)
- September 24, 2010, 22:00-23:30 UTC (15:00-16:30 PDT, 18:00-19:30 EDT)
Please watch your email before the training sessions for Adobe Connect information and a session agenda. Information will also be posted here.
Resources to Get Started
- Please join the Codeathon for Humanity Mailing List - we are also encouraging participants to join the list prior to the event.
- Come chat on: irc.freenode.net #sahana-ghc
- Review the Getting Started with Sahana Eden page.
- Create a Launchpad Account (if you don't already have on) and join the Sahana-Eden-ghc group.