Codeathon for Humanity GHC2010 Facilitator's Guide
Thank you for agreeing to help out as a Codeathon Facilitator! Here is some information to get you started. Please check back frequently (or subscribe to changes) to keep abreast of any new information.
Everyone has different skill and experience levels. Your main role as a Codeathon facilitator is to make sure the participants are engaged, feel like they are a contributor rather than an observer and answer questions or point people in the direction of the answer. This means lots of different skillsets are important - not just coding ability - so we are delighted to have a diverse and talented group of facilitators.
Please do your best to attend at least one training session, two are even better! We also hope to record the sessions and make them available for those of you who have scheduling conflicts.
- September 15, 2010, 19:30-21:00 UTC (12:30-14:00 PDT, 15:30-17:00 EDT)
- September 24, 2010, 22:00-23:30 UTC (15:00-16:30 PDT, 18:00-19:30 EDT)
- @GHC - Wednesday, September 29, 13:00-15:00 EDT - Learning Center
How to access the training sessions:
- We are going to use Adobe Connect to share the presentation materials.
BEFORE the meeting on Wed, please go here: https://www.meeting.corp.yahoo.com/r28079024/ and make sure you have the necessary software to get into the room. You will be prompted to download the software if you do not.
This URL will be used for both meetings. At the beginning of each of the training meetings, we will spend 5 minutes doing a quick overview of Adobe Connect and its features.
- Please dial into the following number for the training meetings:
US: 1-888-371-8922 Outside US: 1-617-224-4792
Participant Code: 34481102#
Please note you have to press "#" at the end of the participant code.
Resources to Get Started
Please review prior to the facilitator training.
- Please join the Codeathon for Humanity Mailing List - we are also encouraging participants to join the list prior to the event.
- Come chat on: irc.freenode.net #sahana-ghc
- Review the Getting Started with Sahana-Eden page.
- Take a look at the [Projects preliminary project plans]
- Create a Launchpad Account (if you don't already have on) and join the Sahana-Eden-ghc group (see Getting Started with Sahana-Eden for details.)