|Version 11 (modified by 12 years ago) ( diff ),|
Table of Contents
Grameen Development Services (GDS), India
Requirements for Information Management of DRR Portal for Maharajganj
- Localisation to Hindi
- Custom Home Page/Dashboard
- Add support for localised input (in Hindi) of data along with English input.
- Add a "Subscribe to Updates" feature which sends a daily/on demand situation report via Email
- Online, publically accessible instance. Subdomain of gdsindia.org
- Offline, on one of the PCs at project location. At a point this will be the main point of data entry and data will need to be synced up to online install of Eden.
- Offline install will, ideally, also have: GSM Modem setup to make calls/send SMS alerts.
Users of the System
- GDS Humanitarian Response Team
- Write access to all data
- GDS Head Office
- Write access to all data
- Read access to all data - I think they should just have read access to a comprehensive/daily situation reports, and any other "read" only resource that we want them to see. Primarily I think we want the system to be able to send reports to them, in a particular format daily. In future, if need be we can give read/write access to required data as and when needed?
- Read access to just some data
Contact List of:
- Field Volunteers and CBOs (Community based organisations)
- Team Members
- GDS Humanitarian Team
- Government Departments
- Food-material Suppliers
- Non-Food material Suppliers
- CSOs (Civil Society Organisation)
(with proper GDS Branding)
- River-water Levels (Twice: 8am, 3pm)
- Rainfall (Once)
Any R&R work or distribution work done.
(This goes on to the Situation Map?)
- Recipients through automated emails upon data entry (Multiple NGOs)
- Current Format for recipients: The PDF file of water-levels and rainfall sent twice daily.
All the above reports should be available for public view as well on dashboard.
- Volunteer Management - Volunteers are selected/trained members from the village. They won't be accessing the system. - Need to record their profile info with skills/training they have received. (PR+Creating a Group named "Volunteer" can do?"
- Person Registry (to manage villager's profile)
- Employee Information/GDS Response Team
- Warehouse/Inventory Data
- How many warehouses? What workflow for adding/transferring/removing items? Procurement happens outside?
- Messaging - Alerts via SMS/Email.
- Using GSM Modem.
- using FreeSwitch/OpenGSM/FreedomFone to do Robocalling
- Dashboard for Internal Team and a Public Dashboard with feeds. (like news room feed from http://www.gdsindia.org/maharajganj/category/news-room/feed/ [Broken Link])
Type of Data
- Most of the existing data is in Excel/Word documents with non-UTF/non-standard Hindi fonts.
- Flood related alerts/Water Level information and Rainfall data of forecast sites is recieved in Hindi as well
- Locations Hierarchy needs to have names in multiple languages (Hindi, English & Local language)
- Location Hierarchy --> State --> District--> Block --> Nyaya Panchayat -->Gram Sabha/Panchayat-->Village
- Dealing with "India" and "Uttar Pradesh" state data only for now for this deployment.