Getting Started with Sahana Eden
Thank you for participating in the first GHC Codeathon for Humanity with the Sahana-Eden project! Here are a few resources to help you get started.
Install the code and tools…
- Virtual Machine, with all the tools and code needed to work on Sahana Eden: Sahana-Eden Installation using a Virtual Machine
The virtual machine install allows you to completely set-up the Sahana-Eden development environment using Virtual Box - no fussing with your native OS installation.
- For contrast, the normal setup is here: Sahana Eden Installation Guidelines for Developers
Please let us know if there are any problems!
Play with (a) Python…
- If you don't (yet) know Python, that's not a problem -- it's a pleasant language that's easy to get started with quickly. We'd suggest looking at the introductory lessons - Dive into Python
- Best is, start up Python and try out commands interactively. (If you did the above installation, you'll have Python in the virtual machine.)
Try out Sahana Eden…
- Getting started information for developers is here: Developer Guidelines
- For an introduction to the code, have a look at these slides: Introduction to the Sahana Code
If all else fails, read the manual…
- The Sahana Eden documentation starts here: Sahana-Eden
- but you can go straight to the part for developers: Develop
- Developer Guidelines
More Helpful Presentations
Setup a Launchpad Account
- Create a Launchpad Account
- Generate a ssh key-pair and upload your key to your launchpad profile
- Join the Sahana-Eden-GHC LaunchPad group
Codeathon for Humanity Specific
You can also ask Sahana-Eden questions here
- irc.freenode.net, #sahana-ghc
- Codeathon Mailing List
Everyone is very helpful and friendly!
- irc.freenode.net, #sahana-eden
- Sahana-Eden Mailing List