|Version 60 (modified by 13 years ago) ( diff ),|
Haiti Emergency Response: 2010 Earthquake
Volunteers Task List:
For developers that wish to assist Sahana, we have a number of different coding options to help out. You don't need to have all these skills, any of them will be of use. Even if you have none of these, jump into #sahana and we may be able to find some way for you to help out based upon your skillset.
- Python - all the core coding is undertaken in Python
- web2py - this is the application framework that we use in Python for SahanaPy
- jQuery -
- XSLT/XPath - a lot of import/export functionality is created using XSLT templates written using XPath
See this page for guidelines on setting up an operating SahanaPy instance
Note that for Haiti response you will want the bzr command below to check out the Haiti branch
- Branch: https://code.launchpad.net/sahana/haiti-quake-2010
bzr branch lp:sahana/haiti-quake-2010 haiti
- If you are getting a "Invalid Request" error when you try to run the application, try renaming the folder to "haiti" (no hyphen) and retrying: http://127.0.0.1:8000/haiti
We have some developer guidelines available.
We have a few development strands (listed in rough order of priority):
- Organisation Registry (Who, What, Where)
- BulkUploader for Photos with optional GeoTagging
- Data Migration & Consistency
- Maintain Front Page of the Portal
Work is being coordinated via IRC Chat.
- #sahana Main Channel, Data Entry & System Testing
- #sahana-py Coding
- #sahana-gis GIS
Speak to any of these people for help: ajuonline, bitner, chamindra, flavour, gavin_t, lifeeth, michaelhowden, mprutsalis, nursix, timClicks