Building AMIs for easier deployment
If your region doesn't yet have a Sahana AMI in, then it is easy to create one which allows easier deployment of future instances for both you & others. The only cost to you is a small amount of time to publish it & then using up your 1Gb Snapshot allowance within the free tier.
- Install the instance as-above
- Don't run the configure script
- Shutdown the EBS instance.
shutdown -h now
- Go to your aws console for the current region at | EC2 Console
- Select the debian instance you just prepared in the "Instances"
- Select " Create Image (EBS AMI) " in the "Instance Actions" drop down.
- Choose an Image name - Lets say - "Sahana Eden" and fill in a description.
- Click "Create this Image"
- Go to the "AMIS" menu and select "Owned by me" and "All Platforms" in the Viewing dropdown.
- Wait for about 5 minutes and hit refresh for the AMI you just built to appear.
- Select the AMI and click the Permissions button - Select public, to make the image public.
Keep Templates as EBS Volumes as this is cheaper than Snapshots