Installation Guidelines: Virtual Machine
We'll be using almost the standard developer virtual machine environment. You'll follow the same instructions for setting it up, with the exceptions that:
- We'll have the virtual machine image and (for Windows and Mac) the VirtualBox installers on flash drives, so they don't need to be downloaded.
- Use NAT rather than "bridged adapter" for networking.
The files to copy off the flash drive are:
- The VM image EdenDevEnv.ova
- If you are installing on Windows or Mac, copy the appropriate VirtualBox installer for your system.
- If you are installing on Linux, then you'll need to get the VirtualBox kit appropriate for you Linux distribution from the VirtualBox site.