|Version 62 (modified by 8 years ago) ( diff ),|
Maintenance of the End-user Windows Installer
Table of Contents
End-user Instructions: InstallationGuidelines/Windows/User
- Install py2exe
- Move all applications, other than admin & eden, out of the applications/ folder
- Clean the Eden folder (models/000_config.py, cache, databases, errors, sessions, static/cache, uploads)
- Clean the admin folder (cache, errors & sessions)
c: cd \web2py copy applications\eden\static\scripts\tools\standalone_exe.py . c:\bin\python27\python standalone_exe.py py2exe
- Ignore this error unless you are using LDAP:
ERROR:root:missing ldap, try "easy_install python-ldap"
- Remove unwanted files/folders from dist/applications/eden
- languages/* (unused languages)
- models/000_config.py should be copied fresh from templates/ and have the FINISHED_EDITING_CONFIG_FILE line commented and any other settings set (like template)
- private/templates/* (All unused templates)
- static/themes/* (All unused templates, although keep default & bootstrap if using a theme based on that)
- Open library.zip & delete any unnecessary libs:
- Create routes.py as follows:
default_application = 'eden' default_controller = 'default' default_function = 'index'
- Delete sahana-eden-setup.exe in the Web2Py Directory if it exists
- Download: http://eden.sahanafoundation.org/attachment/wiki/InstallationGuidelines/Windows/Maintenance/end-user-setup-maintenance.zip and copy the unpacked files to your dist dir
- Download & install: http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/nsis/nsis-2.46-setup.exe?download
- Open NSIS -> Compile NSI scripts -> File -> Load Script -> Select end-user-install.nsi in your dist dir -> OK
- After a few seconds: The new sahana-eden-setup.exe should be in your dist directory
- Test it!
- Get ReportLab working: http://pastebin.com/CfzRE7Dg
- Is it better to set migrate=False? (Less easy to add new modules)
- Is it better to have a larger download & include the compiled app?
- Remove all the Debug mode files? (Ext/GeoExt/OpenLayers/jQuery/UI/etc)