|Version 31 (modified by 13 years ago) ( diff ),|
This virtual machine has been built to allow Developers to get operational quickly (1 Gb):
- The ubuntu user and the admin account of web2py have the password set to: eden
- The web2py directory on the desktop contains the web2py release and a bzr branch of Eden Trunk located in
- Eclipse is preconfigured with the above directory.
- This is the normal way to launch Web2Py in this environment.
- Firefox is pre-populated with Eden bookmarks.
- Download the Image
- Uncompress the image (it is compressed with 7-zip)
To run the image, you need to install either VirtualBox or VMWare:
- Download VirtualBox
- Install VirtualBox
- Import the Virtual Appliance:
- File menu | Import Appliance
- Choose the uncompressed image
VMWare Fusion Installation
To import the download VM into VMware Fusion, use the following steps.
- File > New
- Click Continue without disc
- Select Use an existing virtual disk
- Select Eden-VM.vmdk
- Select Make a separate copy of the virtual disk
- Click Choose
- Click Continue
- OS=Linux and Version=Ubuntu should be selected, click Continue, Click Finish 11 Enter name for new VMware image e.g. Eden in the Virtual Machines directory
- Click Save
Remember to install the Linux VMware Tools after starting up the Eden machine using Virtual Machine > Install VMware Tools
sudo su - ./vmware-install.pl
And accept all the default options