|Version 41 (modified by 13 years ago) ( diff ),|
This virtual machine has been built to allow Developers to get operational quickly (1 Gb):
It is in the Open Virtual Machine format for use in either VirtualBox or VMWare.
It is currently running the Ubuntu 10.04 OS with Web2Py-r2308, Eden-r1246 & Eclipse 3.6
- The ubuntu user and the admin account of web2py have the password set to: eden
- The web2py directory on the desktop contains the web2py release and a bzr branch of Eden Trunk located in
- Eclipse is preconfigured with the above directory.
- The normal way to launch Web2Py in this environment is to launch Eclipse & start up the Debugger
- Firefox is pre-populated with Eden bookmarks.
Note: If you get a ticket when running the application for the 1st time with a message like "OperationalError: Cannot add a UNIQUE column" then you need to stop the debugger, delete the contents of the databases folder & then start debugging again (there was an old database accidentally left on the system which cannot be auto-migrated - a new image without this issue has been uploaded):
rm -rf ~/Desktop/web2py/applications/eden/databases/*
If you get an error like "AttributeError: SQLCustomType instance has no attribute 'startswith'" then:
cd ~/Desktop/web2py/gluon rm sql.py wget http://eden.sahanafoundation.org/sql.py
Then can proceed as above: Stop Eclipse, empty databases folder & restart Eclipse
A new image without this issue has now been uploaded.
- Download the Image
- Uncompress the image (it is compressed with 7-zip)
To run the image, you need to install either VirtualBox or VMWare:
- Download VirtualBox
- Install VirtualBox
- Import the Virtual Appliance:
- File menu | Import Appliance
- Choose the uncompressed image
To import the download VM into VMware (e.g. Fusion), use the following steps.
- File > New
- Click Continue without disc
- Select Use an existing virtual disk
- Select Eden-VM.vmdk
- Select Make a separate copy of the virtual disk
- Click Choose
- Click Continue
- OS=Linux and Version=Ubuntu should be selected, click Continue, Click Finish 11 Enter name for new VMware image e.g. Eden in the Virtual Machines directory
- Click Save
Remember to install the Linux VMware Tools after starting up the Eden machine using Virtual Machine > Install VMware Tools
sudo su - ./vmware-install.pl
And accept all the default options
InstallationGuidelines InstallationGuidelines InstallationGuidelines