|Version 7 (modified by 12 years ago) ( diff ),|
There are an increasing number of requests from organisations on the ground to run something locally for operational management &/or data collection for the central hub.
- PortableApp from
chamindrafor running from USB: http://download.sahana.lk/liveusb/sahanapy-portable-0.2.zip
- Includes Bzr to allow future updates to be pulled easily
- Virtual Machine coming soon from
- PuppyLinux Puppy Linux 4.3.1 from (((WB7ODYFredOregon))) This 106 Megabyte Download for booting from multisession CD-R / CD-RW drive or botting from USB FLash Disk Drive. Puppy Linux has a Universal Installer application that allows for installing to a CD disk or a Full Hard drive or a USB Flash Disk. Boot Flash Installer is just for inatalling to a USB FLash Disk thumb drive. Easy to carry in your pocket files are saved to the USB Flash Disk, so you have and keep your changes and updates on the same device. Best use of USB FLash Disk drive. Your OS, your apps and your data are kept with you if you plug this into a new PC and boot with it. Very Very Useful! Supports many wired ethernet Cards, wireless PCI cards, and wireless WIFI USB dongles directly with no additional downloads. Has a SIP Voice over IP (VoIP) application named PSIP to use speaker and microphone to make telephone calls over the internet to other PSIP stations.
- Dpup.org http://dpup.org Debian base Puppy Linux "Woof" build from debian sources. Can use existing apt-get Debian application binaries to run on dpup PuppyLinux OS.
Puppy Linux has a nice set of applications, Seamonkey Web Browser, Xchat IRC, Geany Text Editor, DidiWIki Personal Wikie, Graphical File Transfer Program (gFTP), Semonkey Email app, PSIP Voice over IP, Transmission Bit Torrent Client, VLC Media Player, Inkscape Vector editor, optional installation of OpenOffice 3.1.1 application Writer, Calc, Impress. English Open Office v 3.1.1 .PET File for installation to PuppyLinux PuppyLinux Google Search tool
Installing Linux to USB Flash DIsk Drive from MS Windows
Two methods for installing Puppy Linux
- Linux LIve USB application Linux Live USB 1.7 Megabyte download application that runs on WIN 7, Vista, XP to install a downloaded ".ISO" file from one of the Linux distributions listed on their web site. 2nd) Download the ".ISO" file for Puppy Linux 4.3.1 http://www.puppylinux.org/download is one option.
- Download a single .EXE file (107 MegaBytes in size) and a single click to install from WIN XP (not Vista) to a USB Flash Disk and create install a WakePUP image to a bootable floppy disk inserted into a floppy disk drive. Blog entry describing installation of PuppyLinux to USB Flash DIsk
Using Puppy Linux WB7ODY Freds personal ideas on using Puppy Linux in x86 PCs on the ground in Haiti.