|Version 132 (modified by 12 years ago) ( diff ),|
The Sahana Software Foundation have a site up to support the Floods Response in Pakistan:
Although there are a number information management tools providing resources on Pakistan, Sahana is open source software project which specialise in providing open data and is supported by a global community of volunteers. This means:
- Instead of just providing narraitve document which need to be manually searched for the requrement data, it can provide the raw data, in various formats to help the relief efforts and longer term recovery.
- Sahana uses a Rapid Application Development framework, which means that new features can quickly developed in response to change requirements on-the-ground.
How Sahana Can Help You
- View a Map with information of the affected areas
- Review Reported Incidents
- Find Shelters of Displaced People
- Request Relief
- Lists of Inventory Stores
- A shared library of Documents and Images with meta-data extracted from it
- And more...
- Let us (firstname.lastname@example.org) know if there is other features you need. We have volunteers working around the globe and around the clock to improveme Sahana for you.
- User Guide
How You Can Help Sahana
- Help with Data Entry to compile information from various sources
- Write Code to contribute to Sahana (The software uses Python, JS, HTML and CSS)
- Help to create better documentation and videos to support the users. Email your desired username to email@example.com to get editing privileges.
- Spread the word!
- This is a project of the Non-Profit Sahana Software Foundation. You can Donate Here to help support these efforts.
- For coordination and user support: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For technical discusions about the software and support with developing code: email@example.com
- You can also join the Sahana Team chat: Chat (IRC freenode.net #sahana-eden)