|Version 136 (modified by 12 years ago) ( diff ),|
The Sahana Software Foundation have a site up to support the Floods Response in Pakistan:
Although there are a number of information management tools providing resources on the Pakistan Flood Response, Sahana specialises in providing open data which means that instead of just providing narrative documents which need to be manually searched for the required data. This means:
- It can provide the raw data, in various formats, including on maps, to help the relief efforts and longer term recovery.
- Because Sahana is built on an open source Rapid Application Development framework and supported by a global community of volunteers, new features can quickly developed in response to changing requirements on-the-ground.
How Sahana Can Help You
- View a Map with information of the affected areas
- Review Reported Incidents
- Find Shelters of Displaced People
- Request Relief
- Lists of Inventory Stores
- A shared library of Documents and Images with meta-data extracted from it
- And more...
- Let us (firstname.lastname@example.org) know if there is other features you need. If you have data which you would like to share (in any format) - we can provide the platform for you to do this. We have volunteers working around the globe and around the clock to improveme Sahana for you.
- User Guide
How You Can Help Sahana
- Help with Data Entry to compile information from various sources
- Write Code to contribute to Sahana (The software uses Python, JS, HTML and CSS)
- Help to create better documentation and videos to support the users. Email your desired username to email@example.com to get editing privileges.
- Spread the word!
- This is a project of the Non-Profit Sahana Software Foundation. You can Donate Here to help support these efforts.
- For coordination and user support: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For technical discusions about the software and support with developing code: email@example.com
- You can also join the Sahana Team chat: Chat (IRC freenode.net #sahana-eden)