|Version 145 (modified by 11 years ago) ( diff ),|
Table of Contents
The Sahana Software Foundation have a site up to support the Floods Response in Pakistan:
Although there are a number of information management tools providing resources on the Pakistan Flood Response, Sahana is special because:
- Specialises in providing Open Data which means that it can provide the raw data, in various formats, including on maps (not just narrative documents which need to be manually searched).
- Built on an open source Rapid Application Development framework and supported by a global community of volunteers, so new features can quickly be developed in response to changing requirements on-the-ground.
How Sahana Can Help You
- View a Map with information of the affected areas
- Review Reported Incidents
- Find Shelters of Displaced People
- Request Relief
- Lists of Inventory Stores
- A shared library of Documents and Images with meta-data extracted from it
- And more...
- Let us (sahana-eden at googlegroups.com) know if there is other features you need. If you have data which you would like to share (in any format) - we can provide the platform for you to do this. We have volunteers working around the globe and around the clock to improve Sahana for you.
- User Guide
How You Can Help Sahana
- Help with Data Entry to compile information from various sources
- Write Code to contribute to Sahana (The software uses Python, JS, HTML and CSS)
- Help to create better documentation and videos to support the users. Email your desired username to michael at sahanafoundation.org to get editing privileges.
- Spread the word!
- This is a project of the Non-Profit Sahana Software Foundation. You can Donate Here to help support these efforts.
- For coordination and user support: sahana-pakistan-2010 at googlegroups.com
- For technical discusions about the software and support with developing code: sahana-eden at googlegroups.com
- You can also join the Sahana Team Chat: (IRC freenode.net #sahana-eden)
For details about what the SSF and Sahana Eden communities have undertaken to date.