|Version 10 (modified by 12 years ago) ( diff ),|
Pakistan Data Entry
There is a large amount of information available from different sources. One of the goals of Sahana is to provide a single portal where data can then be analysed compiled and accessed in different formats to assist in the response effort:
- Web Pages
You can help by going through different sources and entering what information you can into Sahana.
- Find a data source relevant to the Flooding in Pakistan. Some examples are listed below. Try and find information which will be useful to the people who have been affected by the flooding, or those who are trying to assist them.
- Check the existing list of Documents to ensure that the document hasn't been entered
- Add this data source to the Document Library
- Open this document and review the information it contains.
- Add any relevant data to the Assessment, Incident Report, Inventory, Shelter, Flood Report and/or Request Tab. You may need to add multiple records under each of these tabs.
Important Becuase every disaster is different, there may be data which we are not capturing which is reoccuring in the reference document. Please contact sahana-eden at googlegroups.com to suggest new fields or data types which could be added to Sahana.
You will have to add locations for a lot data, so that this data can be displayed on the map. Check the list of before adding new locations to avoid duplicates. Leave blank for data which applies to the entire country or disaster.
In order to view data on the map, we need Latitude and Longitude information for the Location.
- Find Locations on the list without Lat/Long data (Especially Provinces and Districts)
- Find the Lat/Lon for these using Wikipedia, http://geonames.org or Google Maps
- Add the Wikipedia page to the location for reference.
If you have another source which think that data can be added to please edit the wiki yourself or contact sahana-eden at googlegroups.com.
If a source has already been entered, strike it out (Note, some sources will have to be continuously re-checked for new data)
- Flood Reports:
- Tweak the Tweet is also being collected in a spreadsheet now.
(Ushahidi data is being imported automatically)