|Version 37 (modified by 13 years ago) ( diff ),|
Table of Contents
Pakistan Union Councils
We would like to have all the Locations hierarchy for Pakistan populated in the Sahana database (although it would also be available for OpenStreetMap & Ushahidi). This will allow easy un-duplicated data-entry for field users & also allow us to proper Reporting.
We already have Levels 1-3 of the hierarchy (Provinces, Districts & Tehsils). What we're missing are the Union Councils (L4):
- Open the spreadsheet for:
- Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Province (also used by OSM)
- Punjab Province
- Other Provinces
- Choose a District and search for the Union Councils within the Tehsils (the best source of data for this is the Pakistan government source at the bottom of the page - although there's no front-end to the data I know of, so need to open up pages mostly 'blind').
- Enter each Union Council in a new row in the spreadsheet, which includes correct Tehsil (or District if that's all that is available)
- Add the lat and lon, if available, and the Source (geonames_id &/or Wikipedia URL)
- Putting any villages which you know are in a specific Union Council would be even better.
- We have many villages in Punjab which just need Lat/Lons, looking those up in Geonames (& cross-checking the hierarchy using spatial checks would be ideal)
- Wikipedia (there are many wiki pages currently not linked well - improving that too could help everyone!):
- Lat/Lons for villages from Falling Rain or Geonames
- If automating the Geonames, it would be a great longer-term investment to add support to the core GeoCoder API with an option to work offline (download routine) or online.
- Yahoo WoE
- Pakistan Government
- Khyber Pakhtunwa District, Tehsil and Union code Reference Maps: http://www.pdma.gov.pk/documents/
- Balochistan: http://www.bemis.edu.pk/LIST%20of%20School.xls
- http://www.nrb.gov.pk/lg_election/lge_03.asp (lists totals, so you can see how much progress we're making)
|Punjab||Rahim Yar Khan|
|Punjab||Toba Tek Singh|
|Khyber Pakhtunkhwa||DI Khan|
|Khyber Pakhtunkhwa||Lakki Marwat|
|Khyber Pakhtunkhwa||Upper Dir|
|Khyber Pakhtunkhwa||Lower Dir|
The data is being imported using this technique:
Note: See TracWiki for help on using the wiki.