|Version 15 (modified by 10 years ago) ( diff ),|
Table of Contents
Filter forms allow the user to apply filters to interactive views (e.g. data tables, data lists, reports etc.).
The framework for filter forms consists of 4 core elements:
- filter widgets to facilitate user input of filter criteria
- a filter script to collect all values from filter widgets and convert them into a URL query
- the REST interface to interpret and apply the URL query as resource filter
- a filter form builder to render the filter widgets and populate them with the values from the URL query
- see Query Format
Configuration of Filter Forms in S3CRUD
S3CRUD has filter forms integrated in the /datatable and /datalist pages (these methods are temporary until replaced by a new resource view page).
For these pages, the filter widgets are configured per resource with the "filter_widgets"-setting like:
s3db.configure(tablename, filter_widgets=[ S3TextFilter(["name", "email", "comments"], label=T("Search"), comment=T("Search for office by text.")), S3OptionsFilter("organisation_id", label=messages.ORGANISATION, comment=T("Search for office by organization."), represent="%(name)s", widget="multiselect"), S3OptionsFilter("location_id$L1", location_level="L1", widget="multiselect") ])
The widgets appear in the form in list order.
Additionally, there are a number of controller options for the s3_rest_controller call:
output = s3_rest_controller(prefix, resourcename, filter_submit_url = submit_url, filter_ajax_url = ajax_url, filter_formstyle = formstyle, filter_submit = submit )
|filter_submit_url||URL string||where to request filtered data from||URL of the current call|
|filter_ajax_url||URL string||where to request updated filter options from||URL of the current call with /filter method|
|filter_formstyle||Formstyle function||Alternative formstyle for the filter form||built-in formstyle|
|filter_submit||String||Label for the submit button or tupel of (label, class) to also specify a CSS class for the button||T("Search")|
Implementing Filter Widgets
Using Filter Forms in REST Method Handlers
Using Filter Forms in Custom Controllers
) - added by 10 years ago.
Filter Forms Framework
- s3textfilter.png (1.3 KB ) - added by 10 years ago.
- s3optionsfilter.png (8.4 KB ) - added by 10 years ago.
- s3datefilter.png (18.8 KB ) - added by 10 years ago.
- s3hierarchyfilter.png (30.8 KB ) - added by 8 years ago.
Download all attachments as: .zip