|Version 5 (modified by 12 years ago) ( diff ),|
SahanaCamp 1.2 Vietnam
2nd – 5th November 2010
Sponsored by IBM
SahanaCamp is a 4 day event to show participants how information technology can help with Disaster Management through the Sahana Eden Open Source Disaster Management Platform. Sahana Eden has been deployed in numerous disasters including the 2010 Haiti Earthquake and Pakistan Floods. SahanaCamp will be an intensive, interactive and participatory event, where participants will get hands on experience using the Sahana Eden Platform. The event will be facilitated by Fran Boon and Michael Howden from the Sahana Software Foundation, who have extensive experience in using technology for Disaster Management and have run similar SahanaCamps in India and Taiwan. SahanaCamp will contain general sessions for people interesting in using Sahana Eden for disaster management and technical sessions for people who are interested in supporting the use of Sahana Eden in Vietnam and contributing to the Sahana Eden project.
SahanaCamp General Sessions: 2nd – 3rd November
- Information in Disaster Management
- Introduction to Sahana Eden Open Source Disaster Management Platform
- Using Sahana in Disaster Simulations
- Implementing Sahana in your organisation
- To understand the role of Information in Disaster Management
- To be able to use Sahana for Disaster Management
- To be able to support the implementation of Sahana in your organisation
- Disaster Management Professionals
- People working for Government, UN, NGOs or other agencies involved in Disaster Management
- Academics involved in Disaster Management
SahanaCamp Technical Sessions: 4th – 5th November
- Introduction to coding in Sahana Eden
- Customizing Sahana Eden for Vietnam
- Deploying Sahana Eden
- Contributing the Sahana Eden Project
- To be able to support the deployment of Sahana Eden
- To be able to develop new features in Sahana Eden
- People developing IT solutions for Government, UN, NGOs or other agencies involved in Disaster Management
- IT Professionals and Academics interested in developing IT solutions for Disaster Management
- Participants will be learning to code in Sahana Eden and will be expected to have prior programming and web development experience.
- Participants in the SahanaCamp Technical Sessions will also be expected to attend the General Sessions
SahanaCamp is free, although spaces are limited. Applications close Thursday, 14th October. Please apply at: https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dENBQUlXVjFpbzlRSk5aVDNjcVo0V0E6MQ For more information please contact michael at sahanafoundation.org
Sahana Software Foundation
The Mission of the Sahana Software Foundation is to help alleviate human suffering by giving emergency managers, disaster response professionals and communities access to the information that they need to better prepare for and respond to disasters through the development and promotion of free and open source software and open standards. http://www.sahanafoundation.org
IBM set up its business and operated in Vietnam from 1938 to 1975. In 1993, IBM returned to Vietnam for market evaluation and in 1996, IBM Vietnam Company was established and became one of the first 100% foreign-invested IT companies in Vietnam. IBM provides a complete range of products and services in Vietnam. IBM brings a new level of integration for processes and applications inside the business, suppliers and distributors and to the outside for their customers. As a part of long-term commitment to Vietnam’s socio-economic development, IBM’s volunteers and partners have been working on Sahana deployment in Vietnam to help the government and people response to natural disaster effectively. http://www.ibm.com/vn/en/
- General Sessions Hand Outs.pdf (617.6 KB ) - added by 12 years ago.
- Sahana Eden - Introduction and Simulation A.pdf (500.9 KB ) - added by 12 years ago.
- OpenStreetMap - Sahana Mapping Client.pdf (1.4 MB ) - added by 12 years ago.
- Implementing IT Solutions for Disaster Management.pdf (794.9 KB ) - added by 12 years ago.
- Participatory Programming.pdf (604.9 KB ) - added by 12 years ago.
- Sahana - Case Studies.pdf (2.3 MB ) - added by 12 years ago.
- Simulation - Instructions.pdf (129.1 KB ) - added by 12 years ago.
- Simulation - Incidents.pdf (56.4 KB ) - added by 12 years ago.
- Simulation - Assessments.pdf (317.7 KB ) - added by 12 years ago.
- Sahana Eden - Deployment.pdf (1.6 MB ) - added by 12 years ago.
- Sahana Eden - Developer Environment (VM).pdf (427.6 KB ) - added by 12 years ago.
- BZR & LaunchPad - Sharing Your Work with Others.pdf (860.8 KB ) - added by 12 years ago.
- OpenStreetMap - Technical.pdf (845.0 KB ) - added by 12 years ago.
- Sahana Eden - Introduction to the Code.pdf (1.5 MB ) - added by 12 years ago.
- Sahana Eden - Localisation.pdf (682.7 KB ) - added by 12 years ago.
- Sahana Eden - Bug Reporting.pdf (571.9 KB ) - added by 12 years ago.