|Version 3 (modified by 14 years ago) ( diff ),|
We have access to a lot of relatively unstructured data in Spreadsheets which we need to import into Sahana. Currently this is done via a laborious Data Entry process.
We really need to be able to do Bulk Imports.
Example Data sources:
- http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Aq_3OYelM4ZUdHJyc0lUekZLUmEwa3ZSU2dJS3YyWWc&hl=en_GB (Data Entry tab)
- CSV Import
cd /path/to/web2py python web2py.py -S sahana -M -N db.import_from_csv_file(open('db.csv','rb')) db.or_organisation.import_from_csv_file(open('orgs.csv','rb')) db.commit() Ctrl+D
- Limited access through Web at: /admin/import_data
- Problems with the file format (e.g. MS Excel chews)
- Hard work to get reference fields lined up
- Google Spreadsheets API
- Example Code - not the cleanest