|Version 1 (modified by 10 years ago) ( diff ),|
This document documents the Alerting (cap) module on Sahana Eden. (Note: the module is called cap as it acts as a broker to the Common Alerting Protocol (CAP)
User Guidelines - Alerts
The Alerting module enables Eden instances to create, aggregate and propagate comprehensive and annotated alert messages. The module also acts as a broker to the Common Alerting Protocol adapted by Governments and NGOs for alerting.
- *Alerts* --
- *Alert templates* --
- *Profiles* --
Any complex, non-CRUD workflows. Possibly include a flow chart / diagram. Ensure that you attached the raw file (ideally in an open format - ) as well as the image.
Any non-CRUD reports
A selection of screenshots (~5) and a description of what they could be used for.
<5 Min overview. This should start with a screen stating: "Sahana Eden - <Application Name> Application"
Advice for creating a screen captured video:
- Be very careful to not take screen captures of your browser with multiple tabs open; only a single window with the Eden application (full screen mode is best to also avoid open applications being shown in the task bar).
- Hide your bookmarks folders, and anything else *not* related to Sahana Eden that's in the browser window before starting the screen capture.
- Fill in *every* field on *every* form shown with meaningful data (not gibberish, something that makes sense), not simply the required fields.
- Press *every* button on every screen related to the module or application you are creating a screen cast for.
- Take care again to not have gibberish entries (such as "kjdssga" for a name) or lots of unrelated data (i.e. organizations or incidents in India, Japan, Bhutan, the United States, and Tksfd) when showing screens with tabular data. There is nothing wrong with entering a bunch of data as if responding to an event near your home as you will know the geography and organizations that make sense to include.
- Alternatively, use a sample data set (if available) provided for the purpose of creating a demonstration.
- Be very careful with spelling and try to avoid having your browser suggest entries based on previous demonstrations and selecting them rather than typing in a new data element (ajax lookups that are a part of Sahana Eden is okay as that is demonstrating Eden's capabilities).
Finally, please provide a full resolution screen capture such that when the video is brought into full screen mode, or shown through a projector for demonstration or training purposes, that the image is clear and easy to read.