|Version 16 (modified by 12 years ago) ( diff ),|
Translation to other languages is highly appreciated - please contact the Sahana Localization team for advice.
Translating Eden to a new language
Create language file:
You can then either edit this in the Web2Py admin UI or else convert to a .po file for use in standard PO file tools such as Virtaal or Pootle:
- "web2py2po" scripts (part of the Translate Toolkit)
- Need to use the patch attached to this page (patch against 1.8.0)
- Sahana Pootle server is available as on online facility for collaboration, translation refinement and workflow control
For UTF-8, beware of the encoding - needs to be 'without BOM' or 'ANSI as UTF-8'.
- this is both within the
languages/file & also with any UTF-8 direct in customised Views.
web2py2po -i zh-tw.py -o zh-tw.po # Use Virtaal &/or Pootle to translate po2web2py -i zh-tw.po -o zh-tw.py
You can -also- try a new method, using a beta tool, which translates any file (including the web2py languages files) using the Google Translate API:
- Go to Auto-Translator, download, uncompress the .tar.gz archive
- Inside the uncompressed directory, execute the application with:
- ./autotranslate.py (parameters) or
- python autotranslate.py (parameters)
(The parameters are: filename, origin language and destination language)
Example: ./autotranslate.py /home/johndoe/web2py/applications/eden/languages/es.py en es
Wait (you'll see an advance status) and DONE. Just refine the translations (inside web2py or just open with a text editor)
Please provide any bug report or problem to the main list
Wiki pages translation
- translated pages with ISO 639-2 language code extension (original english page = no extension), e.g.
- original page: eden.sahanafoundation.org/wiki/BluePrintInternationalisation
- german translation: eden.sahanafoundation.org/wiki/BluePrintInternationalisation/de
- insert [[TranslatedPages]] macro to display a list of available translations of a page (at best at bottom of page)