|Version 17 (modified by 13 years ago) ( diff ),|
Table of Contents
Contributing to a Translation of Sahana Eden
Translation to other languages is highly appreciated.Sahana Pootle Server is available as on online tool used for Translations. Please see the Pootle User Guidelines for instructions or contact the MailingList for advice.
Translate Sahana Eden into a New Language
1. Create Language File
Create a new file using the the ISO 639-1 Code of the Language.
Sahana Eden can be translated in the following ways:
A. Using Pootle
Preferred Convert to a .po file for use in Pootle:
- "web2py2po" scripts (part of the Translate Toolkit)
- Need to use the patch attached to this page (patch against 1.8.0)
- Sahana Pootle Server is available as on online tool for collaboration, translation refinement and workflow control. See the Pootle User Guidelines for instructions.
For UTF-8, beware of the encoding - needs to be 'without BOM' or 'ANSI as UTF-8'.
- this is both within the
languages/file & also with any UTF-8 direct in customised Views.
You can also use standard PO file tools such as Virtaal.
web2py2po -i zh-tw.py -o zh-tw.po # Use Pootle &/or Virtaal to translate po2web2py -i zh-tw.po -o zh-tw.py
B. Using Auto-Translator
You can -also- try a new method, using a beta tool, which translates any file (including the web2py languages files) using the Google Translate API:
- Go to Auto-Translator, download, uncompress the .tar.gz archive
- Inside the uncompressed directory, execute the application with:
- ./autotranslate.py (parameters) or
- python autotranslate.py (parameters)
(The parameters are: filename, origin language and destination language)
Example: ./autotranslate.py /home/johndoe/web2py/applications/eden/languages/es.py en es
Wait (you'll see an advance status) and DONE. Just refine the translations (inside web2py or just open with a text editor)
Please provide any bug report or problem to the main list
C. Using Web2Py Admin UI
You can then edit the language file directly in the Web2Py Admin UI.
Translate Wiki Pages
- Translated pages with ISO 639-2 Language Code extension (original english page = no extension), e.g.
- original page: eden.sahanafoundation.org/wiki/BluePrintInternationalisation
- german translation: eden.sahanafoundation.org/wiki/BluePrintInternationalisation/de
- Insert [[TranslatedPages]] macro to display a list of available translations of a page (at best at bottom of page)
- web2py2po.diff (1.1 KB ) - added by 13 years ago.
) - added by 12 years ago.
Windows script to manage updates to translations
Download all attachments as: .zip