|Version 63 (modified by 7 years ago) ( diff ),|
How to Publish CAP Messages
Table of Contents
- Work Flow
- Create a New Message
- Authorize a CAP Message
- Update, Cancel or Clear a CAP Message
This section of the guide is intended for authorized users with permissions to author alerts and approve for dissemination. The cycle of authoring and issuing an alert has several work flow combinations. These combinations are illustrated as state transitions in the blueprint. In the subsequent sections we discuss the activities of:
- How to CREATE an alert message? The first step when an event of interest is declared as an event that should be notified.
- How to UPDATE an alert message? Execute this step when an alert that was issued needs to be updates with the current status
- How to CANCEL an alert message" Any alert that was issued erroneously must be followed by a message to cancel the previous message
- How to CLEAR an alert message? Issue an ALL CLEAR after the authorities have declared to pose no threat any longer
- A typical CAP message contains the following segments, which must be completed based on the your standard operating producers: Alert, Information, Predefined Areas, Area, Resource Files]
- If you see the pair of square bracket, then those are most probably created following this technique. These are actually the place holders to replaced with event specific actual information.
Create a New Message
|QUICK METHOD ::||Navigate to http://YOUR-DOMAIN/eden/cap/alert/create|
Select Template and Edit the ALERT Segment
- With your web browser, navigate to the SAMBRO website hosted by your National or Local NDMO (e.g. SAMBRO demo hosted at http://sambro.geoinfo.ait.ac.th/)
- To create a new alert message click on the main menu Alerting and then in the sub menu item Alert select Create
- You will be presented with first page with the option to select a Template and then edit the Alert Qualifier elements.
- Once you select the relevant template, from the drop down list at the top, all relevant alert qualifier elements will be populated. You will have very little to edit. IMPORTANT that the Status is changed from Draft to another value based on your intention: Exercise, Test, System, or Actual.
- Click the Save and Edit Information button at the bottom of the list, which will navigate you to edit the alert INFORMATION segment
Edit INFORMATION segment
Adding Information Segment
|6.|| Now go to the Information tab and begin to fill the information. To add information, you can see Add Alert Information on the right side of your screen as you saw for alert above.|
If you already see the record under the Information tab, then those are from the alert template that you selected in step 4. In that case, open that record and begin editing and filling the information.
NB: As you begin to fill information, you can see that when you select Event field from the available dropdown, it triggers Priority field and that Priority field selects options in the Urgency, Severity and Certainty field. This is because Event has Priority associated with them and every Priority has the predefined Urgency, Severity and Certainty value associated with it
'NB: If you see the pair of square bracket, then those are most probably created following this technique. These are actually the place holders for the actual information. Now replace those placeholders with the actual information'
|7.|| After filling all the information, click on Save button at the bottom of the form. You will be redirected to the place where you started.|
a) If you wish to edit further, just click Open button against the information row.
b) To add another Information to the alert, click on Add alert information at the right side of the screen.
Copying Info Segment for Multiple Language
7 c) To copy the same info segment for in different language, open up a specific information segment.
7 c) At the top of the form you can see the copy button, click on that.
7 c) You can now see the form with exactly the same information as you filled in. Change the language in the language dropdown and save it.
Assigning Predefined Area
|8 a)|| Now you can begin to create area. Area can be created in two ways:|
a) You can select from the predefined areas under Predefined Areas tab according to Event and Priority. Location for this area will be the same as defined for this predefined area.
Click on Assign button(circled in image) to finish creating the area
|b)||If you click on Area tab, you can see the area from you just assigned. You can also see that the Information Segment for that area is not given (-). We need to tell for which information segment this area belongs to|
|c)||This can be done by clicking Open button in the picture above. Then in the Information Segment field, choose to which this area is for.|
Drawing Alert Area Polygon
|d)|| You can also create area from the Area tab. Click on the Area tab, where you can see Add Area button on the right side of the screen. Click there and you will see a form to fill the area information for the alert. |
Select for which information segment this area is because an alert can have multiple info segment.
- If you have GIS Data for country, then you can choose from the hierarchy and then click Draw on Map button. This places the center and zoom of the map according to the selected hierarchy.
- If you don't have hierarchy data, simply select the Country and then click Draw on Map button and began drawing on it.
|8|| In any event, successively click then move the mouse, drawing a polygon with vertices at each click. Double-clicking ends the polygon.|
Click on Save button at the end of page and area is added to the alert
To learn more about GIS in Sahana, see here
Adding Resource Files to Alert
- You can now add resource (photos, documents, etc) to the alert by going to the Resource Files tab and click on Add Resource button in the right side of the screen. In the Information Segment field, choose to which information segment you want to attach file. Then Click Choose File and browse through your computer to upload the file
Authorize a CAP Message
Any CAP Message must be authorize before publishing, posting or dissemination. Normally people with 'Alert Editor' role will create the CAP message and then send for approval to the people with 'Alert Approver' role.
After you (people with Alert Editor role) Create a CAP Message , you can see 'Submit for Approval' button at the top. When clicked, it will send Email and SMS to the people with the 'Alert Approver' with a link to approve or reject the message.
Update, Cancel or Clear a CAP Message
This process follows the state transition and allowable sequences discussed in the SAMBRO GUI Blueprint for MsgType
- To update, cancel or clear a CAP message, first navigate to the table listing of alerts by clicking on the Alert submenu.
- Then click the Open button for the respective alert message, from the list of alerts in table, you wish to alter the msgType; as shown in the image below.
- In the alert edit form, change the Message Type to a value from the dropdown.
- Change the necessary information, in the alert message, and save for publishing.
) - added by 8 years ago.
alert list table
) - added by 7 years ago.
create new alert message
) - added by 7 years ago.
Open Info Segment
) - added by 7 years ago.
Info segment form
Download all attachments as: .zip