|Version 76 (modified by 7 years ago) ( diff ),|
Table of Contents
An Introduction to SAMBRO (Sahana Alerting and Messaging Broker)
The user guide is comprehensive with instructions from setting up SAMBRO software to issuing alerts. It is intended for all user levels: novices to experts. The guide is structured to take you through an actual implementation with real world examples and data.
How to use the Guide
The user guide is designed to quickly access relevant information for performing a task and understanding the technical details. Notice that the most frequently used activities are listed first, for the users, and the seldom used (one time) Admin type activities are listed at the bottom. More or less in the reverse order of a typical work flow. We have segmented the role specific work flow topics. If you are a particular user searching for a topic, first navigate to the type of user you are and then select the work flow activity.
Role Specific Topics
Subscribers (Alert Recipients)
- RSS/Atom Feeds for your alert hub or RSS/Atom Reader for all alerts
- Email, SMS, FTP subscription to receive event and area specific alerts
- UNAVAILABLE Social Media - link to Twitter, FaceBook news feeds applying the instructions given by the Administrator
- View Alerts and interpret them on a map and complete
Publishers (Alert Issuers)
The section discusses ways and means for creating a CAP message, having it authorized, and then issuing (or disseminating) to the subscribers
- Create a message for the first time and as a message originator
- Update a message using an existing message
- Cancel a message that has been wrongly issued or provided wrong information
- Clear a message when the event has subsided to inform the subscribers with an 'All Clear' message
- Authorize a message before issuing, posting or dissemination
Implementers (Super Users)
Section is for CAP Implementers for orienting the CAP Broker in the country or implementation specific context.
- Manage Users by associating them with the relevant roles and alerting authority
- Create Message Templates for categories of events and user groups
- Predefined Alert Area polygon and area description developments
- Update Register of Alerting Authorities; i.e. setup your organizational structure and alerting jurisdictions
- Define CAP Profile specific information (waring priorities, event types, incident tables)
- Configure Broker with identifier, warning priorities, and other relevant implementation or country context information
- Testing the implementation after setup, configuration, and adding users
Steps for INSTALLING your SAMBRO instance
- [OPTIONAL] Branch an instance of the Sahana Eden code to a new github repository of your own. This would allow you to manage your own customized implementation such as with changing the theme. Ohterwise, ignore this step and pull the code from the main github repository; explained in the subsequent step.
- Activate the script to automatically pull the latest version of the code from your github repository.
- Install the Sahana Eden software with web2py framework and other dependencies.
ADD ACTUAL CODE SNIPPET TO CHANGE TEMPLATE SPECIFIC TO SAMBRO
Steps for CUSTOMIZING your SAMBRO instance
- Customize the CAP Broker for the implementation context (e.g Admin contact details, banner or logo changes
- Basic Administration tasks for activating an instance for the users
- Testing the installation to ensure all SAMBRO specific features are functional
Design and Specifications
For advance users or developers interested in the SAMBRO software design requirements and specifications are discussed in the
CAP Broker BluePrint