|Version 22 (modified by 9 years ago) ( diff ),|
Volunteer Management-User Guidelines
The Volunteer module enables Eden instances to create and manage the volunteers in their team or in a task.
- A basic working system is operational on the Demo
- You can create projects, and link projects to locations
- You can search for projects by location
- You can add a volunteer registration to any person
- You can add tasks to projects
- You can assign a task to any person with a volunteer registration
- You can update task status, or re-assign to another person
Started a "self service" menu for volunteers, currently just "My Tasks" but more to follow. However, that doesn't mean that every volunteer needs a user account - you can manage projects, tasks and volunteers without user accounts, and you can share this information across multiple instances without needing to register every volunteer as user on each instance.
Of course are any Person Registry information about volunteers also available in the Volunteer Module, such as:
- Contact Information
- Identity Information
Tables to which your access is allowed are-
- Volunteer Information--This section includes name,sex,date of birth,email and other related fields.
*Name&Sex-The full name of the volunteer(first name, middle name and the second name)and the gender.
*Organization-The organization to which the volunteer is related to.
*Contact info-This section is for email,mobile number.
- Projects--The project in which the volunteer is involved or is meant to involved.
- Teams--The information of the volunteer can contain the name of the team to which he/she belongs.
- Persons--The person(volunteer) can be selected from amongst the members of the organisation.
- Skill Types-The skill that the person has, such as-driving,language known,medical knowledge e.t.c.
For getting the full workflow of managing a volunteer visit the link given below: http://eden.sahanafoundation.org/wiki/UserGuildelines/Volunteers/AddVolunteers
- The list of volunteer with their full detailed info can be downloaded in various formats, such as: PDF, Excel, RSS
- Secondly these are only summary of the volunteers online info regularly cannot be accessible so downloaded data is the best for everything.
- You can edit and create as many volunteers you want provided that the info is correct.