|Version 2 (modified by 9 years ago) ( diff ),|
Table of Contents
We want to be able to provide the ability for users to be able to message each other in real-time.
This is useful for compliance reasons as well as just convenience.
- Provide a chat board through which users can help each other or get help from the system administrator.
- Perhaps have one chat for each organization or project.
- Ability to show what users are online
- Easily switch to the user's email / SMS / Phone to contact them if they are not available by chat
Chat tools to integreate
- Simple option is to provide a preconfigured IRC client, but this may not be good for scalability
- Scalable option would to provide an XMPP client (e.g. to ejabberd server)
<Leave open for a list of implementation>
<Links to external resources>