|Version 3 (modified by 8 years ago) ( diff ),|
Table of Contents
We want to be able to provide the ability for users to be able to message each other in real-time.
This is useful for compliance reasons as well as just convenience.
- Provide a chat board through which users can help each other or get help from the system administrator.
- Perhaps have one chat for each organization or project.
- Ability to show which users are online
- Easily switch to the user's email / SMS / Phone to contact them if they are not available by chat
- candy plugin which links to Eden's msg.compose()
- Status Updates
- candy plugin?
- Store chat history in DB (per-room & per user<>user private chat with appropriate permissions).
- Scheduled task to prune.
- Allow access to view this history from within the client 1 day/1week/1month/3months.
- User can override archiving.
- Screen Sharing
- File Transfer
- candy plugin to expose ejabberd's capabilities?
- Simple option is to provide a preconfigured IRC client, but this may not be good for scalability
- Scalable option would to provide an XMPP client (e.g. to a Jabber server)
- Needs updating to work with current jQuery/UI
- Add Authentication: Users are who they say they are & are only allowed into the correct rooms.
- Add Notifications hook.
- Add Offline Users.
- Pull-in profile pictures.
- Add "User is typing"
- Add Recent Messages at Top
- http://xmpppy.sourceforge.net (unmaintained)
<Leave open for a list of implementation>
<Links to external resources>