|Version 1 (modified by 9 years ago) ( diff ),|
BluePrint: Update Projects interface to meet Occupy's needs
The Occupy projects team is currently using a Google Form to capture information about projects. The Sahana Projects system seems to be designed to capture information about work done on internal projects -- the question is whether we can use it to define future projects for which volunteers & services are needed, etc.
This is how it seems the fields in the Google form map to existing database objects:
- Project name: project name
- Project blurb: short activity description
- Project description: project description
- Organization: lead implementor
- Location: activity location
- Services needed: tasks, assigned to service leads (tech, volunteers, grants, budget)
- Private contact information: reference to project lead
- Public contact info: who people should get in touch with if they're interested in helping (could just go in description)
These are fields that don't seem to have an analog in Sahana's models:
- Project (Activity?) category: new model with entries like distribution, food, etc.
- Media link: url to Youtube site, etc.
- Project partners: individuals and org references
A project team member would create a new project and associated activities. They would create tasks for services they need, assigned to the people who lead those services (tech, volunteers, funding, etc.). Activity/project info would be publicly accessible to people interested in volunteering on specific activities. Project team members could view information about all ongoing and planned projects.
- A new activity category model
- Media link and project partners fields added to activity model
- A new (non-editable) view of individual projects and existing activities
- A new public project list and individual project views