|Version 2 (modified by 9 years ago) ( diff ),|
BluePrint: Update Projects interface to meet Occupy's needs
Table of Contents
The Occupy projects team is currently using a Google Form to capture information about projects, but it would be better to use Eden for this. This means providing a public view to project data, so that potential volunteers can learn about project activities and get in touch with coordinators. Eden should also capture some additional information about projects and enable project leaders to register certain needs (like volunteers or technical help) to the people responsible for those things.
A project team member would create a new project and associated activities. They would create tasks for services they need, assigned to the people who lead those services (tech, volunteers, funding, etc.). Activity/project info would be publicly accessible to people interested in volunteering on specific activities. Project team members could view information about all ongoing and planned projects.
New project data fields
This is how it seems the fields in the Google form map to existing database objects:
- Project name: project name
- Project blurb: short activity description
- Project description: project description
- Organization: lead implementor
- Location: activity location
- Services needed: tasks, assigned to service leads (tech, volunteers, grants, budget)
- Private contact information: reference to project lead
- Public contact info: who people should get in touch with if they're interested in helping (could just go in description)
These are fields that don't seem to have an analog in Eden's models and would be added:
- Project (Activity?) category: new model with entries like distribution, food, etc.
- Media link: url to Youtube site, etc.
- Project partners: individuals and org references
- A new (non-editable) view of individual projects and existing activities
- A new public project list and individual project views