|Version 5 (modified by 10 years ago) ( diff ),|
BluePrint: Social Media
Table of Contents
GHC2013 Project Proposals
Both are fundamentally about this:
- Receive tweets and / or SMS messages from the public.
- Classify and geocode them.
- Display on a map.
Project option for "human intelligence task" processing
Creating a 'Human Intelligence Tasking' module to allow the processing of these messages to be divided up amongst a lot of workers:
- Details are at GHC2013 Social Media Human Intelligence Task Processing.
Project option for enhancements to current Eden social media features
Some enhancements to the current interface ranging from simple to advanced:
- Details are at GHC2013 Social Media Enhancements.
Current System and Setup for Both Projects
For ease of getting a large dataset to play with, we will use Twitter for this example, although the same system can be used for other message channels, like Email, SMS & RSS.
Test Server to see User Interface:
Install on your own system:
- Install Eden
- Install the TwitterSearch library
- Follow the User Guidelines to get a Twitter OAuth account & use this to search
Note: Documentation for both end-users & devs could use improvement
- feel free to dive in!