|Version 14 (modified by 11 years ago) ( diff ),|
CERT: Community Emergency Response Teams
Project started at RHoK December 2010:
- This site needs moving from Healthscapes to Zen
- Each volunteer who completes the CERT basic training program will be entered into the database.
- Web-accessible user interface allows volunteers to update selected information on their account.
- Primary & secondary admins from any CERT group can create an "Event", which can be a disaster, drill, exercise, training, etc.
- [Event = Project in current Eden terminology. Ideally want a simple deployment setting to convert between the 2 terms]
- After creating an event, the admin may search for volunteers to respond to that event by specifying specific skills, location and interests.
- the majority of deployments are 3-8 hours, but I can imagine one lasting longer. However, we could create separate events for each day
- They will be assigned tasks by the IC when they get to the deployment location. I don't think that would be part of this system.
- [We can use Sahana Eden 'Tasks' to manage deployments]
- A request for volunteers is sent by email, SMS and Google Talk to the search result set.
- Volunteers can respond by email, SMS or Google Talk to be deployed, and will then receive a second communication with deployment details
- Q: Why not send them the complete details initially, to help them decide if they want to volunteer?
- The second message is still important for confirmation though. - michael.howden
- [lauralanford] We want to avoid spontaneous participants - if deployment details are only sent to confirmed responders, there is less likelihood of unplanned volunteers showing up on site.
- Once the requested number of volunteers has been met, a second communication will be sent to those who have not yet responded that the request has been filled.
- A list will be generated with the names and skillsets of the volunteers to be deployed and sent to the event incident commander.
- When a volunteer arrives at the event scene, he / she can text or email a confirmation of arrival to the system.
- When a volunteer leaves the event scene, confirmation of exit.
- If a volunteer has not confirmed exit by the closure of the event, a notice is generated and sent to the IC and the admin who created the event.
Proposed schema changes:
These should be logged as tickets with the 'CERT' Version:
- Remove the volunteer flag from pr_person & instead use:
response.s3.filter = (db.pr_person.id == db.vol_volunteer.person_id) & (db.vol_volunteer.status == 1)
- There are issues with this filter anyway - need a nice way of making persons into volunteers from the vol module: a new registration controller?
- When adding a new team, _next() should open up the team onto the members tab (see requests -> items for an example)
- Tasks should be appearing as Component Tabs of Project (not sure why this isn’t working, seems setup)
- Add Task should be a client-side unhide (listadd=True), again not sure why this isn’t working.
- When 'open' a person from the Team Members view it should open the Person record not the Membership record
- Need UI to access the 'Show Offices within x radius of an Event ('Project') Map:
- A dropdown for the Event
- A slider for the Radius (textbox fine to start with)
- jQuery to read these values when the 'Show Map' button is clicked with a URL like:
- (Longer-term would be good to have the filter adjust the Map dynamically)
- Add a Volunteers layer to the main map which shows all Volunteers with random colours assigned per-team
- Current Workflow.png (43.2 KB ) - added by 11 years ago.
- Proposed Workflow.png (116.7 KB ) - added by 11 years ago.
- Detailed Workflow.png (66.1 KB ) - added by 11 years ago.
) - added by 10 years ago.
Deployment summary flowchart
Download all attachments as: .zip