|Version 3 (modified by 12 years ago) ( diff ),|
BluePrint for Human Intelligence Task processing (a.k.a. "Job Jar")
Caution to GSoC students considering this project
This is a difficult project, involving statistics, human performance evaluation, and coming up with a way to allow an administrator to define an arbitrary task. Recommended for advanced students with a background in HCI and data mining / machine learning.
See also: http://www.playsourcing.org/ (only s/Ushahidi/Sahana Eden/ ;-) And in June, see article on Playsourcing in: http://www.crcpress.com/product/isbn/9781439853498
Manage tasks performed on the site, e.g. data entry, cleaning crowdsourced data.
- Assign tasks to users or let users select tasks.
- Track who does what, mark completed.
- Provide administrator UI for defining tasks.
- Cross-check / verify task, or compare result of multiple users on same task.
- Administer tests and training for new workers.