|Version 72 (modified by 8 years ago) ( diff ),|
Table of Contents
Bug Reporting Guidelines
You can report both bugs and feature requests.
User acceptance testing
Currently we are mainly taking bugs on:
- Philippines (Haiyan typhoon response): http://test.philippines.sahanafoundation.org/
- Demo (Trunk Development): http://demo.eden.sahanafoundation.org
Once there is a production instance running, progression of code is normally from Development -> User acceptance testing (UAT) -> Production
How to report a bug or request a feature
We use Trac to manage bugs and feature requests.
- Before reporting or updating bugs, first register for an account and log in. (No approval is needed.)
- Report a new bug.
- Search for existing bugs.
- See a list of active bugs.
- LaunchPad also has some tickets logged.
- If you see a page with "System offline" when you connect to Trac, it means Trac thinks you're a bot and has banned your IP address. Contact us on the email@example.com mailing list or on IRC channel #sahana-eden on freenode.net (Chat) if this happens.
Bug reporting guidelines:
- Please check to see if the bug you've found has already been reported.
- Please provide full details to reproduce the problem, like the example below.
- Be clear on which system your test is run against - e.g. http://demo.eden.sahanafoundation.org.
- You may also wish to check the Commit Logs to see if the bug is being fixed. (Note to bug fixers -- please accept the bug and say you're working on it.)
- Screenshots are good for showing the main problem screen if hard to explain, however, if you get a ticket, then simply the ticket ID would be better than a screenshot, as can simply copy/paste to find the relevant ticket)
- If the bug is relatively simple to resolve, please add the keywork "easy", so it will appear on the Easy Bugs for Beginners Report.
What is a Bug?
It is important to properly identify bugs as these need to be fixed in priority to implementing enhancements. Sometimes it may not be clear if issues you encounter are in fact bugs. The following ARE bugs:
- If there is an error message reported:
- Web2Py "Internal Error" Pages
- Internal Server Error (50x errors)
- Broken links (404 errors)
- JS errors
- If you are not actually able to perform an action due to an error in the system. There may be uncertainty around this as it may not be 100% clear if Sahana Eden is meant to support this action.
These are NOT bugs, but should be reported as enhancements:
- Incorrect form validation
- Usability Enhancements
Any issues which are not bugs may be reported as enhancements.
- Critical - big functionality, stability and data integrity defects in a Production instance
- Major - functionality and data integrity defects in UAT only
- Minor - Data validation defects, Domain defects, Usability defects
- Trivial - UI, Style, Labelling
- Defect - bug: software gets an error or doesn't do what it's supposed to.
- Enhancement - feature request.
- Documentation - mistake or omission in the wiki or online help. Note you can request a Trac account and help fix documentation on the wiki.
- DO include the contents (not just the link) or any error tickets produced
- DO NOT Attach text/doc files - copy and paste any relevant into the ticket
System Tested: http://demo.eden.sahanafoundation.org Version: r833 You can obtain this from the Help->About menu (http://demo.eden.sahanafoundation.org/eden/default/about) Browser: Firefox 3.5 Windows XP Prerequisites: User should be logged in to the system. URL(s) where bug was encountered: * http://demo.eden.sahanafoundation.org/eden/gis/location/5/update * c Steps: 1) Click ‘Map’. 2) Click ‘Service Catalogue’. 3) Click ‘Features’. 4) Click on an ID in the Location list. (The 'Edit location' page will appear.) 5) Remove the value in the 'Latitude' field. (This step is optional) 6) Click on 'Conversion Tool' link. Expected Result: The Converter should appear. Actual Result: Clicking the link results nothing. Converter doesn't appear.