|Version 19 (modified by 10 years ago) ( diff ),|
Haiyan Typhoon Response
Table of Contents
There are 2 long term Eden deployments in the Philippines:
- Relief Goods Inventory & Monitoring System for Department of Social Welfare & Development
- focus on managing Logistics for their emergency Warehouses
- RMS for Red Cross
- focus on volunteer management
As well as supporting these instances, we are setting up a new instance with IOSN for Civil Society:
This is NOT in production yet and NOT ready for public dissemination yet.
I am just reworking the focus of the site.
We currently have 2 use cases for the Response phase:
- "I want to give money or goods, where can I find one nearest me to give it to?"
- for the General Public
- "Matching demand with supply within a controlled vetted environment."
- for The National Confederation of Cooperatives (NATCCO) who have network members who are in the disaster zone and also members who wish to help out.
The site may evolve over time to add new use cases & will hopefully evolve into a longer-term Preparedness site like NYC Prepared
Work on a nice frontpage design. At a first guess, I think we want 3 big buttons on the front:
- Donate Money
- Provides a listing of Relief Organisations with links to Website (Avoid Phonelines, and especially Bank Accounts, to reduce fraud...leave these to the host org's website)
- Donate Goods
- Asks for Location & shows Drop-off points closest to them
- Donate Time
- Remote support?
- YES: Provides a listing of opportunities
- No: Shows Volunteer locations closest to them
- Remote support?
Red Cross are interested in this data:
- Census data from http://www.census.gov.ph/statistics/quickstat on e.g. Unemployed
- would be great to download all these XLS & bring into a single XLS file ready for import into Eden
- ultimately this should look somethign like this:
- Damage Assessments: dead, missing, houses destroyed, people affected…
- would be great to pull this from OneResponse & Virtual OSOCC & bring into a single XLS file ready for import into Eden
There will be some new code developed so some manual test cases which can be automated would be great
Perhaps we could have a simple User Guide created for the site...e.g. to be added in Help on the site
Ideas can be pulled from:
The idea that I'm working on is that people volunteer Money, Time or Goods
Money is an Organisation Need stored in the req_organisation_needs component
- essentially we will just give people a list of Orgs which are soliciting cash & the websites they can visit to donate...there is also a Rich-text box to add extra details
Goods is a Site (currently generic org_facility) Need stored in the req_site_needs component
- essentially we will give people a list of Sites which are accepting drop-off donations, along with direction for how to get there, opening times & a rich-text box for them to describe the types of goods they're accepting
- later we'll add a search for 'closest'.
Time is split into 2:
- Remote time is an Organisation Need
- Local time is a Site Need
The basic workflow is as above
So what needs doing?
- Custom Forms for creating Orgs + Sites with their Needs
- Renderers for Orgs & Sites including their Needs (I think datalist will work better for the Rich text)
- Hide richtext fields until their checkboxes are selected
- Location 'Nearest' Search
- Security Policy
- Latest Needs widget on homepage (like DRM's Latest Incidents)
- Needs summaries per Lx
We want to be able to zoom-in within an L1 to see the component L2s in the Profile Selector page
- (& maybe within the Profile)
Obviously there are UI design aspects too, but we can integrate what any volunteer who steps forward on that does.
Other ideas also welcomed.
e.g. I can think of an alternate workflow where Needs are all just cms_posts of type 'money', 'time' or 'goods' & we have a single 'newsfeed' of all
- Philippines Admin Boundaries